Rosetta Units

Forum rules
MacDitch
Moderator General
Moderator General

Post by MacDitch »

Darkmast2,

Try running Boinc DebtView to check what your STD/LTDs are. If you don't want to install BDV, then you can do this by manually checking the client_state file (being careful not to change anything!) in notepad or an xml viewer.

You'll probably find that SETI has a high debt and your 60% weighting is causing the manager to focus entirely on SETI whilst it reduces this debt.

If you post back with the numbers we'll at least be able to get a better idea of what is going on.

cheers,
MacDitch
Image Image
darkmast2

Post by darkmast2 »

What line in the file am I looking for ? There's a lot of information in there.

Do I need to look in the file on my home pc or will the work one be fine ?
MacDitch
Moderator General
Moderator General

Post by MacDitch »

What line in the file am I looking for ? There's a lot of information in there.
I assume you mean in the client_state? For each project you need to find the lines:

Code: Select all

<short_term_debt>x.xxxxxx</short_term_debt>
    <long_term_debt>x.xxxxxx</long_term_debt>
    <resource_share>x.xxxxxx</resource_share>
although as you know the last you don't strictly need to find it. If you are using notepad the simplest way to do this is to 'Find' each occurence of the word debt in the file.
Do I need to look in the file on my home pc or will the work one be fine ?
The details are unique to every machine, so whatever one has the problem (I assume the home one..) is the one you need to check on.
Image Image
darkmast2

Post by darkmast2 »

I'll check that when I get home this evening. I usually have VNC running but it's down at the moment it seems.
darkmast2

Post by darkmast2 »

Right I have the program run and this is what it's saying.

PRJ: ABC@HOME STD: -1647.710938 LTD: -5383.287092 RSRC: 250 -------------------------------
PRJ: ROSETTA@HO STD: -9.703125 LTD: -3587.008746 RSRC: 250 -------------------------------
PRJ: SETI@HOME STD: 1657.414063 LTD: 8970.295838 RSRC: 750 -------------------------------

I've also come home to see 2 ABC units and 2 Rosetta units sitting in the queue.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Rosetta”