Forum rules
Alez
[ TSBT's Pirate ]
[ TSBT's Pirate ]

#1 No future funding for Milkyway

Post by Alez »

from the Milkyway forum.

Dear Milkyway@home volunteer,

During the past year we have made great strides in scientific research using MilkyWay@home and we have great plans for the future. Thank you for your help in making this happen! As a token of our appreciation we have introduced the volunteer badge system; our cyber-gift that tracks your years of service to the project and your contributed computer power. I encourage you to read our Newsletter to find out more. You can also track us on the Web. Check out our YouTube Channel, where we post our simulation videos, and like us on Facebook to get the latest updates.

Unfortunately, we now need your help more than ever. Last month I was informed that the U.S. National Science Foundation was not renewing our grant that operates MilkyWay@home. I would have been incensed, but unfortunately, due to the tight federal budgets, this is happening to strong and hard-working researchers all over the country.

To maintain operations for the next year, we need to raise $40K (for budget details), and we need your help. Your contribution, of any amount, will be recognized with a badge on your MilkyWay@home profile. In addition, for every $100 donated before August 15, 2014, we will send a free T-shirt, designed by our team members, that says “I support MilkyWay@home” to any address in the United States (additional donation required for international addresses or special shirt sizes, see here). You can even link a cool picture of you in your shirt to our Facebook page!

We really appreciate the use of your computer, which contributes to our 0.5 PetaFLOPS MilkyWay@home supercomputer. If you are also able and willing to help us financially you can make a donation by credit card here.

For other donation options and to track our campaign see our Fundraising page.
I and the MilkyWay@home team thank you so much for your assistance!

In appreciation,
Prof. Heidi Jo Newberg and the MilkyWay@home team
The best form of help from above is a sniper on the rooftop....
Alez
[ TSBT's Pirate ]
[ TSBT's Pirate ]

#2 Re: No future funding for Milkyway

Post by Alez »

The best form of help from above is a sniper on the rooftop....
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “MilkyWay”