SETI Help!

Megacruncher
G.L.S.B.
G.L.S.B.

Post by Megacruncher »

MacDitch wrote:I checked last night and my machine had mostly cleared the old cache and was working almost exclusively on SETI. Not sure how long I can keep it doing that but it'll be a few weeks at least. :)
I'll keep it up so long as I can avoid demotion from the Boinc Combined World top 100. At 87th with a buffer of 80 million that will be a few months. :)

I've never really felt that I've pulled my weight with SETI ( I'm outside the UK top 200 for instance) so an excuse to improve my standing has to be a good thing. I'd like to lead TSBT from the front (top 3 at least) and break into the UK top 100 for it.

Allowing my NVidia beasts the odd sniff at DistRTGen goes a long way towards keeping my totals respectable.
Willie the Megacruncher
Megacruncher
G.L.S.B.
G.L.S.B.

Post by Megacruncher »

97th by RAC now! Still 102nd by Total Credit although that will improve over the course of a few weeks.
I think I've got a fairly sustainable mix of loads of SETI with some DistRGen and Primgrid which is protecting my overall output at over a million per day (and allowing my Boinc Combined ranking to rise to a best ever equal of 85th! 8) ) whilst allowing me to contribute 30K for SETI which is hopefully helping our situation.
But it's a team response and plenty of others have upped their games. Many unkown to this forum. Thanks to all & keep it up. Its an ultra marathon not a sprint!
Willie the Megacruncher
Megacruncher
G.L.S.B.
G.L.S.B.

Post by Megacruncher »

SETI seems to have gone down for the last 45 hrs.
This is a good thing! :lol:
Keep crunching it right up to the point that you run out of work units ( then switch to something else (obviously)). When the lights come on again -asthey always do- we will have gained on our competitors with small caches and faint hearts.
Willie the Megacruncher
CycloneRanger
Boinc Sergeant
Boinc Sergeant

Post by CycloneRanger »

Hmmmmm. I think I have a question!

My BOINC Manager shows the following task info: "Running (0.264 CPUs +1 NVIDIA GPU)" for a (cuda23) task

Is that typical? Are my cores being used primarily on non-GPU tasks, and how can I tell how efficiently I am processing tasks?

Thanks in advance!
Megacruncher
G.L.S.B.
G.L.S.B.

Post by Megacruncher »

I can confirm that this is typical. I get similar messages - give or take a few dozen 1000th of a CPU. Presumably it means that a fraction of a core is needed to help out the GPUwith SETI although it's a pretty token amount and doesn't actually reduce the number of CPU tasks running.
Willie the Megacruncher
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “SETI”