NFS

Forum rules
Sphynx
Boinc Sergeant
Boinc Sergeant

#11 Re: NFS

Post by Sphynx »

Bryan wrote:I figured as much, I stated getting some resends.
Glad to help. Just an FYI, I'll run NFS until I hit 10 million which is about 750k away. So late tonight or early tomorrow I'll be hitting all the work I have suspended. Thanks for letting me know about the fast ones...Al
Administrator SETI.USA
Bryan
Boinc Brigadier
Boinc Brigadier

#12 Re: NFS

Post by Bryan »

Sphynx wrote:
Bryan wrote:I figured as much, I stated getting some resends.
Glad to help. Just an FYI, I'll run NFS until I hit 10 million which is about 750k away. So late tonight or early tomorrow I'll be hitting all the work I have suspended. Thanks for letting me know about the fast ones...Al
I think that will work out real well Al. On the OcUK forums thay haven't talked about loading up a 2nd OS or VMs so they may start winding down tonight. You've helped cover their big push and kept us in the game.

My 24 thread machines will run dry on Windows in roughly 2 more hours and then I'll reboot them into Linux. The I7s still have a ways to go before I need to change them over. Even if they aren't finished before I go to bed they won't have enough left to run till morning so I will kick them to Linux also.

Jondi - Hanluc said the top machine on NFS is his. A 72 thread Xeon ... no wonder he puts up big numbers.

I don't know what has happened to their output. Unless I'm doing the math wrong we have out pulled them by 1M since the morning update. If that is the case then we will overtake them on FB. Of course they could be bunkering.

EDIT: thinking about it, the 72 thread machine is a curse if you only have 1024 WU cached and didn't load up VMs :roll: That may be what has happened to their output.

EDIT 2: Yep, his killer machine is totally out of the shorties :D
Sphynx
Boinc Sergeant
Boinc Sergeant

#13 Re: NFS

Post by Sphynx »

Well, I didn't have a chance to load up anything more than my windows machines and they may run out of the fast wus before I hit 10 million, but I'll run the longer ones until I hit my goal. Glad I'm not leaving you guys in a pinch.
Administrator SETI.USA
scole of TSBT
Boinc Major General
Boinc Major General

#14 Re: NFS

Post by scole of TSBT »

We appreciate the help Sphynx :salute:
Bryan
Boinc Brigadier
Boinc Brigadier

#15 Re: NFS

Post by Bryan »

Dang guys, we out pulled them by 1.8M today ... wow!!! Those WU the last few hours were really short ones.

So it took them 5 days to overcome our last 1.2M lead and we are now 800k in front and they no longer have their big hitter. I still have 2.3M cached so hopefully we can extend the lead quite a bit more :twisted:

I'll hit my 25M milestone tomorrow so once this batch is finished I may not run NFS for a long time. There is no badge for 25M and the next color change is 50M ... I don't think this boy is going there.
scole of TSBT
Boinc Major General
Boinc Major General

#16 Re: NFS

Post by scole of TSBT »

What's 25mil? Gets you nothing. You need to shoot for 50mil and that ruby badge. :D Seriously though, we appreciate the help.
Alez
[ TSBT's Pirate ]
[ TSBT's Pirate ]

#17 Re: NFS

Post by Alez »

Geez, 50 mil is a long haul. Guess thats 100% dedication to a project to get that far.
The best form of help from above is a sniper on the rooftop....
Bryan
Boinc Brigadier
Boinc Brigadier

#18 Re: NFS

Post by Bryan »

Alez wrote:Geez, 50 mil is a long haul. Guess thats 100% dedication to a project to get that far.
Throw in a big dose of ADHD and it would be a life long career :lol:

We've got them by 1.6M! That has to be frustrating, spend a week catching up from the last time and here they are even further behind. Maybe they will concede this one and move on.

I don't know what Scole has left, but as of this morning I still have 1.5M cached. The 24 thread machines were sitting on empty this morning so I brought up their last VMs. These WU are even quicker than the ones from a couple of weeks ago. I could have actually used one more VM per machine.
scole of TSBT
Boinc Major General
Boinc Major General

#19 Re: NFS

Post by scole of TSBT »

I still have about 700k left.
Alez
[ TSBT's Pirate ]
[ TSBT's Pirate ]

#20 Re: NFS

Post by Alez »

I missed all the fun as usual :( but on the bright side I am on a job :)
Bryan
Boinc Brigadier
Boinc Brigadier

#21 Re: NFS

Post by Bryan »

Alez wrote:I missed all the fun as usual :( but on the bright side I am on a job :)
Oh no, that 4 letter word ... work :lol: My 4 letter word now is - golf. My next door neighbor (87 years young) and I won a tournament yesterday. She can still play a good round of golf. She must have been hell-on-wheels 20 years ago.
Sphynx
Boinc Sergeant
Boinc Sergeant

#22 Re: NFS

Post by Sphynx »

I've got about 100k left. I was going to try to finish my goal on 14e, but it's too painful. Tonight I'll load up enough long 16e to add another 100k, then back home for me. It's been fun!
Administrator SETI.USA
Bryan
Boinc Brigadier
Boinc Brigadier

#23 Re: NFS

Post by Bryan »

Dang, this set of WU are much faster than the last. I sure wish I had loaded up more VMs. I think I will be totally dry some time tomorrow. I only have around 750k left.
Alez
[ TSBT's Pirate ]
[ TSBT's Pirate ]

#24 Re: NFS

Post by Alez »

Jeez, keep rubbing it in ...... still in a different country, not going to be home for a few more weeks yet :(
Bryan
Boinc Brigadier
Boinc Brigadier

#25 Re: NFS

Post by Bryan »

Alez wrote:Jeez, keep rubbing it in ...... still in a different country, not going to be home for a few more weeks yet :(
I sure wouldn't want to make you feel bad. I realize it is a shame that you didn't get the several million credits you would have gotten if you were home. :lol:

EDIT: I only have 670 WU left so with the 262k since the last update it will add 350k to our total. I'm done :(
Alez
[ TSBT's Pirate ]
[ TSBT's Pirate ]

#26 Re: NFS

Post by Alez »

Image Image :cussing: :boxing: :pottytrain2: :violent1:
scole of TSBT
Boinc Major General
Boinc Major General

#27 Re: NFS

Post by scole of TSBT »

NSF has fast WUs again. The server is down for maintenance right now but they have plenty of fast ones sitting there waiting.

These are super fast. On the previous batch of fast ones I could crunch 50k-60k per hour. This batch I'm doing 110k per hour.
Bryan
Boinc Brigadier
Boinc Brigadier

#28 Re: NFS

Post by Bryan »

I don't know if I can get on it this time or not. I'm traveling for the next 2 days and I only have internet access in the evenings. The project is down now so I'm pinging it every 10 minutes. Hopefully I can pull some work when they come back up but I won't be able to load up VMs or Windows.
Silver
Boinc Brigadier
Boinc Brigadier

#29 Re: NFS

Post by Silver »

Server is back up now
scole of TSBT
Boinc Major General
Boinc Major General

#30 Re: NFS

Post by scole of TSBT »

Sometime after the server came back up (not sure exactly when), the WUs sent are just average.
Bryan
Boinc Brigadier
Boinc Brigadier

#31 Re: NFS

Post by Bryan »

I managed to get a few of the shorties but I'm out of them now.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “NFS”