limited WU

Forum rules
davidbam
General Bitchin'
General Bitchin'

#1 limited WU

Post by davidbam »

Okay - any one instance ain't ever going to get more than 16000 WU from the project. That is only 125 WU / thread on a 128 thread machine (including the daft wee ones which finish within seconds)

To compound it, a new instance won't get more than 4 WU until they have credit. Let's hope the project validator doesn't back-up.

I hope the Russian team isn't getting special treatment :evil: Honestly, you'd think some projects didn't want volunteer crunchers.
I think this is fool-proof but could you just try it for me please? • There are 10 types of people in the world; those who understand binary, and those who don’t
Dirk Broer
Corsair
Corsair

#2 Re: limited WU

Post by Dirk Broer »

You should try to run more than 40 projects on any of your machines, so you never run out of WUs...
Miklos M
Butterfly Whisperer / Milkweeder
Butterfly Whisperer / Milkweeder

#3 Re: limited WU

Post by Miklos M »

davidBAM wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:32 pm Okay - any one instance ain't ever going to get more than 16000 WU from the project. That is only 125 WU / thread on a 128 thread machine (including the daft wee ones which finish within seconds)

To compound it, a new instance won't get more than 4 WU until they have credit. Let's hope the project validator doesn't back-up.

I hope the Russian team isn't getting special treatment :evil: Honestly, you'd think some projects didn't want volunteer crunchers.
It is annoying, let's hope there is honesty in the program. :o
Dirk Broer
Corsair
Corsair

#4 Re: limited WU

Post by Dirk Broer »

According to my BOINC manager I have at least 5,000 more credits than BOINCstats and FreeDC grant me....the Gerasim stats export seems broken.

NB: Exports restored after I also complained on the shout page of the oncoming Gerasim Challenge...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Gerasim”