Lattice

Forum rules
Welcome to The Scottish Boinc Team boards. See forum rules in pinned post. If you can't be bothered then try not to be too naughty as I have a delete button to press and a ban hammer to swing.
steve

#1 Lattice

Post by steve »

March 18, 2009 GPU Testing
Soon, hopefully this week, we'll be sending out a bunch of GARLI workunits to the entire population -- meaning, each host should get one copy of each workunit, whether you have a GPU or not. This is meant to be a sort of benchmarking, and also a test of the GPU version of GARLI. Details to follow...

Now the S**T will hit the fan :lol:
Megacruncher
G.L.S.B.
G.L.S.B.

Post by Megacruncher »

Lattice GPU is not looking promising.
First of all they gave me loads of non-GPU WUs that I didn't want. At least most of them were short lived (although 1 credit for 3 minutes work isn't startling).
Then an hour or so back the first CUDA work came through. The first effect of this was to crash my longest running CPU unit (8 hours work come to nothing).
Some of the CUDA units have finished and it's not looking great on the credit front. If they really only give me 3 credits for 9 minutes on the GPU, I will not be impressed. There's trouble on't forum too...
Willie the Megacruncher
Ben

#3 Re: Lattice

Post by Ben »

steve wrote:Now the S**T will hit the fan :lol:
Ahh yes...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0aW8IXdAjA
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Lattices @Home”