PrimeGrid

Forum rules
Andy Manzie

#1 PrimeGrid

Post by Andy Manzie »

So they will be reducing the credit down to 2251 per WU by 30th October. A further 35% drop in credits. See link below

http://www.primegrid.com/forum_thread.php?id=3467

Which project will be offering the best credits now?
robmacagain
Boinc Warrant Officer Class 2
Boinc Warrant Officer Class 2

Post by robmacagain »

For Nvidia only distrrtgen offers what I would call decent credits, the rest arnt worth much at all. Prime grid has been warning for months what it was going to do its in another thread on this forum. The only other decent credits are with Ati projects.
Megacruncher
G.L.S.B.
G.L.S.B.

Post by Megacruncher »

Primegrid have given us a stay of execution but have resumed their campaign of rendering themselves not worth crunching. :?

I agree with rob that DistrRGen, who thankfuly are going again are best for NVidia cards, although GPUGrid is looking less shite than it has for many a year. If you want to find out how generous PG still is you could try running GPU SETI ! :shock:
Willie the Megacruncher
Janos (retired)
Still a Newbie

Post by Janos (retired) »

It looks like PrimeGrid is having some issues today. I can't even get on their website www.primegrid.com at the moment.

What is worse, I ran out of work this morning. I have had some more WU's from them since but with the website currently down I fear they have some major problems.

With DistrRTgen not providing any new work and PrimeGrid taking a fit I have recruited Collatz back to active duty as my fall back project.

Janos
SEARCHER

Post by SEARCHER »

:) Hello Janos,

by Project PrimeGrid you have every Day from 9.00 am to 9.30 am German Time, 8.00 am to 8.30 am England Time a Outage Time. Sometimes a lit bit longer.

8) Greatings SEARCHER
Janos (retired)
Still a Newbie

Thank you for the info SEARCHER.

I had best up the amount of work I store on my computer to avoid running out of work.

Cheers
Janos
SEARCHER

Post by SEARCHER »

:roll: Hello Janos,

sorry but I not understand your PC is running out of work.

First : you not make by your Settings you become Work for 10 Days, by some Projects now it`s new, you can order Work for 20 Days.

Second : your PC not Crunch not CPU intensive Projects same FREEHAL@Home or WUProp@Home ? Then you have every Time Work to Crunch.

Third : when you Crunch a Project same PrimeGrid you not have Back up Project`s same me ? When I Crunch a Project I have always 2 Back up Projects more by my PC. When my Project was Down or not have Work, my Pc Crunch another Project.

8) Greatings SEARCHER
Janos (retired)
Still a Newbie

Hi SEARCHER,

I am quite new to Boinc so forgive my newbie errors.

I had the default settings for the amount of work so when PrimeGrid failed to deliver new work I rapidly used up the cache. I have increased my work queue so that should not happen again.

As of today, I have 3 projects to crunch on my GPU's (I only use my GPU for Boinc). I have set the resource share so that the projects I want to have priority get crunched first.

Thanks for your help.

Janos
SEARCHER

Post by SEARCHER »

:) Hello Janos,

you are always WELCOME. When you are new by BOINC, so it`s normal you dont know all. You learn all Step by Step with the Time. And you can believe many old Crunchers give you some Tip or Information, when you have a Question, by and for BOINC.
:wink: I hope was okay for you a Ambassador from another Team give you now your first Informations for BOINC.
:roll: And sorry I forget, when you Crunch with your Grafikcard too, you can make same, when you Crunch with your CPU. When you Crunch by Project Milkyway@Home you can make as Back up Project Collatz Conjecture or MOO Wrapper.
:wink: This Tip was when you Crunch with a ATI GPU. When you Crunch with a Nvidia GPU you can Crunch by Project PrimeGrid too, or you can Crunch Project`s GPUGRID or DistrRGen, so become here more Credits for your Nvidia Card.

8) Greatings SEARCHER
Janos (retired)
Still a Newbie

Thanks SEARCHER
m22rdy

Post by m22rdy »

I'm gonna ask the ultimate retardo question but how do you queue them on your system. I currently have a huge 4360 hour file i'm crunching (but its going down quicker)
Janos (retired)
Still a Newbie

m22rdy wrote:I'm gonna ask the ultimate retardo question but how do you queue them on your system. I currently have a huge 4360 hour file i'm crunching (but its going down quicker)
Login to any of your project accounts and select community settings. Then edit "Maintain enough work for an additional" n days. Set this to a longer queue like 2 days and you should always have a nice long queue.

I hope this isn't a case of the blind leading the blind. I am still in the newbie level of understanding when it comes to how all the different settings work.

Janos
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “PrimeGrid”