ABC goes xyz

Forum rules
Welcome to The Scottish Boinc Team boards. See forum rules in pinned post. If you can't be bothered then try not to be too naughty as I have a delete button to press and a ban hammer to swing.
Nightlord

#1 ABC goes xyz

Post by Nightlord »

ABC seems to have gone snafu with their credit on a new sieving app.

Looks like credit is awarded on the lowest of the two claims :shock:

See here for the alert thread and an example of the credit awarded here (mine is the 27k seconds run time). On the standard app 27k seconds was enough for an easter egg. Now it's a measly 99 credits .... or whatever the wingman claims :(

Just to show another example look here, mine is the 6000 second runtime for just 33 credits!

The original app is still granting decent numbers. Nonetheless I'm very tempted to switch my 64 bit VM's to something else.

Anyone know of any decent paying projects that benefit from native 64bit linux?
steve

Post by steve »

Ya could try Prime grid's psp app is very good on 64bit
RavyDavy

Post by RavyDavy »

cheers for the heads-up nightlord.

I notice I'm crunching a seiving wu at the moment, so will keep an eye on the credit it gets once its done.
Nightlord

Post by Nightlord »

Cheers Steve, yes PG seems decent enough on 64bit. I'm only running a couple of VM's but 13 credits per hour was almost not worth it on ABC. :?

Not sure how you are getting on Ravy, I see a 47k second WU get 88 credits, but I think that machine is 32 bit so not exactly the same as mine.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “ABC@home”