AQUA a Threat & an Opportunity

Megacruncher
G.L.S.B.
G.L.S.B.

#1 AQUA a Threat & an Opportunity

Post by Megacruncher »

I'm back crunching AQUA again.

This follows a threat that steve noticed with UBT reducing or 6 million lead to less than 4 million in the space of a week. Mainly due to steve the rot has been stopped but more needs to be done to restore a healthy gap.

Which brings me to the opportunity, to greatly up your daily credit, and that of the team. I part switched my farm to AQUA 4 days ago and have so far got over 92K in aqua credits. Flat out I reckon I could be getting 70-80K per day which is about 6 times my usual CPU crunching total.

So give it a go [again] if you possibly can. There are 2 applications on the go just now:
  • The bog standard AQUA one which take 20 hour on my i7 920 or up to 44 hrs on a Q6600 and deliver c.24K.
    The Fokker-Planck Simulation ones which are much shorter (9 minutes on the i7 or 30min on a Q6600) and worth about 300 credits.
The FP ones are better value but either kicks 7 shades of the brown stuff out of any other CPU project.

So I'm back on it at least until the WCG crunch starts in a few days. [/list]
Willie the Megacruncher
PinkPenguin

Post by PinkPenguin »

Note that the standard AP now requires 4+ core machines so only the Fokker-Planck simulations are available for two-core boxes.... :D
Megacruncher
G.L.S.B.
G.L.S.B.

Post by Megacruncher »

Yep the Fokker-Planck jobs are better alround as they can be used on a lowly dual core machine, they take minutes rather than days & the hourly credit is a wee bit better.

Best of all there are lots of them just now!
Willie the Megacruncher
steve

Post by steve »

Megacruncher wrote:Yep the Fokker-Planck jobs are better alround as they can be used on a lowly dual core machine, they take minutes rather than days & the hourly credit is a wee bit better.

Best of all there are lots of them just now!

In sumary Get crunching them fokker's
PinkPenguin

Post by PinkPenguin »

... All gone! ...well, that was short 'n sweet. :shock:
steve

Post by steve »

PinkPenguin wrote:... All gone! ...well, that was short 'n sweet. :shock:
Yep someone used them all up...... :oops:
Anchula-Mark

Post by Anchula-Mark »

They are back again
aardvark
Boinc Colour Sergeant
Boinc Colour Sergeant

Post by aardvark »

My cooling systems still crippled at the moment, so can't risk running full load on CPU, But will jump in (no pun intended) when cooling tower arrives.

Are the units intermittent like RNA World ? Or did Somebody just hog the daily allowance :)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Retired Projects”