AQUQ UK Number 1 in Jepordy!

Nightlord

Post by Nightlord »

I had to suspend Aqua last night due to MW not playing nicely with LTD and causing mayhem with the scheduler. I think I could knock up a short script to fix that, but don't have time now. :(

Meanwhile, I dropped a Quad core onto Aqua to see what the performance would be like and it picked up a couple of huge 160 qubits. After 6 hours it was only 25% through. For various reasons, I don't want to run that rig 24/7, so I suspended it overnight to take another look this morning.

Long and the short of it is I think you're right as these bigger WU's get released, the dual core's may struggle.
PinkPenguin

Post by PinkPenguin »

Looks like they're starting again - While I'm still on my last 160-6M they've cycled back through 8-2Ms and are now back on 32-3Ms..... great, I will probably finish this one in time for the next batch of 160s ! :D
PinkPenguin

Post by PinkPenguin »

For anyone who is still running AQUA - the queue has run dry... probably until after the weekend as they are releasing new apps:

http://aqua.dwavesys.com/forum_thread.php?id=318
Megacruncher
G.L.S.B.
G.L.S.B.

Post by Megacruncher »

In a way it's a relief - being able to rededicate my CPU cores to CPDN without thinking I'm missing out on/depriving the team of greater gains. :)
Willie the Megacruncher
PinkPenguin

Post by PinkPenguin »

I agree - last AQUA WU went in yesterday now it's CPDN for the moment.
PinkPenguin

Post by PinkPenguin »

...In case anyone's interested - Looks like AQUA may be about to start up again. They've run a couple of short test runs and if they go well they say they will put up a batch today... (not that there is much left of today) :)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Retired Projects”