Saetia

Greetings to new and old cruncher's all users and guests can see this forum.
Saetia

#1 Saetia

Post by Saetia »

Hi everyone,

I have been folding for TSBT for a while now but hadn't really made an effort to engage with the community before.

I took a huge break after graduating and forgot about this side of things but since the coronavirus I remembered about distributed computing and the possibility of us contributing to research that could help with that.

It's pretty cool to step back in and see the difference that modern hardware makes. It's still a pretty average computer but even having a quad core in a home desktop is way better than what I used to run on.
Miklos M
Butterfly Whisperer / Milkweeder
Butterfly Whisperer / Milkweeder

#2 Re: Greetings ... and welcome ...

Post by Miklos M »

Saetia wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:02 am Hi everyone,

I have been folding for TSBT for a while now but hadn't really made an effort to engage with the community before.

I took a huge break after graduating and forgot about this side of things but since the coronavirus I remembered about distributed computing and the possibility of us contributing to research that could help with that.

It's pretty cool to step back in and see the difference that modern hardware makes. It's still a pretty average computer but even having a quad core in a home desktop is way better than what I used to run on.
Welcome back to the team, lets crunch PG. :-)
SolidAir79
San Dan
San Dan

#3 Re: Greetings ... and welcome ...

Post by SolidAir79 »

Great to see you scoring on PRIMEGRID welcome!
davidbam
General Bitchin'
General Bitchin'

#4 Re: Saetia

Post by davidbam »

Hi there - pull up an air-conditioner and tell us a bit about yourself

PS: I split you off into a topic of your own
I think this is fool-proof but could you just try it for me please? • There are 10 types of people in the world; those who understand binary, and those who don’t
Megacruncher
G.L.S.B.
G.L.S.B.

#5 Re: Saetia

Post by Megacruncher »

Hi there. Welcome & good to hear from you.
Willie the Megacruncher
scole of TSBT
Boinc Major General
Boinc Major General

#6 Re: Saetia

Post by scole of TSBT »

Welcome Saetia. What is your folding@home username and what team do you run folding for?
Saetia

#7 Re: Saetia

Post by Saetia »

Wow hey. I didn't realize I'd get my own subject haha. Nice to meet you all.

@scole of TSBT I'm not running folding at the moment. When I was it was set to team 10 which was Overclockers but I'll change that over if i start that again. I was using the same account name for that too.

At the moment I'm running BOINC for WCG and Rosetta on my CPU and since those don't use the graphics card I am putting that into PrimeGrid. I've also got my phone running WCG OpenPandemics aswell but the return rate on that isn't that great.
Alez
[ TSBT's Pirate ]
[ TSBT's Pirate ]

#8 Re: Saetia

Post by Alez »

Welcome to the team Saetia.
Watch the temps on your phone. I cooked my last Google Pixel 5 crunching on it. Cooked the USB 3 port.
I've upgraded your account on the team.
The best form of help from above is a sniper on the rooftop....
Saetia

#9 Re: Saetia

Post by Saetia »

Thanks @Alez

I have the phone's max battery temperature set to 40.0*c as recommended by the BOINC app. It seems fine running below this limit so far.

I'm not fussed if it does die though, it's an older model that I'm looking to upgrade anyway.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Welcome”