Greetings .. Why am I posting this?

Greetings to new and old cruncher's all users and guests can see this forum.
Gibson Praise
Boinc Colour Sergeant
Boinc Colour Sergeant

#1 Greetings .. Why am I posting this?

Post by Gibson Praise »

Why am I posting this? :o I've already introduced myself after all ..

'Tis a quandary :whistle:

Jeez I'm bad at suspense. Let me re-introduce myself, now as one of your most recent team members :shock: :shock:

Re-Introduction:
Past: member of Picard for the past 7 years. Before that I was .. others.
Reason for leaving: I need a community to occasionally talk to. Picard's forum died years ago and the site address is for sale. I despair. Note the 'occasionally' .. I am known to go silent for weeks and months.
Gibson Praise??: see X-Files.
others?: see X-Files, Stargate, M*A*S*H .. and maybe others .. oh yeah and StarTrek .. and maybe others
What do I intend to bring?: Primarily I run Primegrid, secondarily projects with sub-projects. I like contests/challenges (and have joined some of your comrades the past two years in the Pentathlon). I have run the complete Primegrid Challenge series for the past few years. Not a contest that TSBT has run regularly. I am going to continue to run the series. I know that this is not TSBT's focus (FB is). I intend to take no one away from that and contribute where and when I can to FB. And if anyone chips in during a PG challenge that's golden. Picard's PG Challenge team has been me, myself, and sometimes I, so I'm going to do no worse on that score. :lol: :lol:
Why now?: I have been thinking about it for a while (a year). It's the conversation. If I am going to converse here, I should be here. Really simple once you think about it. :geek:

So some projects have moved, others will in their own good time. Primegrid will move after the current contest (lest cheating be declared :o :o ).

And if it matters at all, my mother's maiden name was Campbell.

So after all that .. greetings!
g
davidbam
General Bitchin'
General Bitchin'

#2 Re: Greetings .. Why am I posting this?

Post by davidbam »

Marvellous news, welcome on board. Will answer properly when properly awake :D
I think this is fool-proof but could you just try it for me please? • There are 10 types of people in the world; those who understand binary, and those who don’t
davidbam
General Bitchin'
General Bitchin'

#3 Re: Greetings .. Why am I posting this?

Post by davidbam »

Really great to have you on board @Gibson Praise :clap: @Granowski is also very keen on PG so we are looking good for the Formula Boinc marathon even if you don't take part explicitly :lol:

Formula Boinc was - and will be - my own focus but I can't speak for other TSBT members. I do know that FB p1ssed a lot of people off last year with 'no show' on several sprints. I also loved the Pentathlon - my first. I'm not really into the 'badge thing'

Re Team Picard: I can't really see how a team can function without a forum or similar chat room. Hopefully these ones will soldier on :P

Onwards and upwards :dance: :dance:
I think this is fool-proof but could you just try it for me please? • There are 10 types of people in the world; those who understand binary, and those who don’t
Gibson Praise
Boinc Colour Sergeant
Boinc Colour Sergeant

#4 Re: Greetings .. Why am I posting this?

Post by Gibson Praise »

davidBAM wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:57 am Re Team Picard: I can't really see how a team can function without a forum or similar chat room.
Loyalty, stubbornness :?: I think I wrote the first post to convince myself as much or more than I did to explain it to others. I just switched PG over, now that the challenge has ended. It was unexpectedly hard.

As you say, onward and upward. There's fun to be had :-)
scole of TSBT
Boinc Major General
Boinc Major General

#5 Re: Greetings .. Why am I posting this?

Post by scole of TSBT »

Gibson Praise, we are glad to have you but remember there are no contracts, vows or any other requirements to crunch with us. You can crunch for TSBT, Picard or any team and you will always be welcome here. We actually have several regular guest crunchers from various teams who pop in and out as they wish. Anyway, welcome!
Bryan
Boinc Brigadier
Boinc Brigadier

#6 Re: Greetings .. Why am I posting this?

Post by Bryan »

Hi Gibson. I'm glad to see that you've joined TSBT. There are some really nice folks here ... hopefully some of the nice ones will welcome you like these guys did :whistle:

I'm one of those Scole mentioned who troll the TSBT forums.
Granowski
Marathon Man, Morale Officer, Prime Mover
Marathon Man, Morale Officer, Prime Mover

#7 Re: Greetings .. Why am I posting this?

Post by Granowski »

Dear Mr. Gibson Praise ... ! welcome ! ... sincerely, Gregg Roman Granowski
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Welcome”