Alez
[ TSBT's Pirate ]
[ TSBT's Pirate ]

#1 BOINC@TACC

Post by Alez »

New project.
Vbox 64 win, nix and mac.

http://boinc.tacc.utexas.edu/

The BOINC@TACC project integrates volunteer computing with supercomputing. It provides a conduit for routing High-Throughput Computing jobs from the TACC systems to the computing resources volunteered by individuals or institutions. The volunteered computing resources include laptops, desktops, tablets, or VMs in the cloud. For donating the computing time, the volunteers can download the required software on their devices from the BOINC@TACC website, and can then sign up as volunteers. To learn more about the required software for volunteering devices and signing up as a volunteer for the BOINC@TACC project, please click here.

The researchers can use the BOINC@TACC infrastructure to supplement the compute-cycles available to them through their TACC/XSEDE allocations. With BOINC@TACC, they can run small jobs involving small amounts of data transfer and processing without spending their active allocations. For details on using the BOINC@TACC infrastructure, please click here.

The BOINC@TACC software infrastructure leverages the BOINC middleware and extends its capabilities to 1) support the job submissions from supercomputers, 2) use the VMs in the cloud, and 3) automatically create Docker images of the source-code written in selected languages. The BOINC@TACC software is available through a Github repository.
The best form of help from above is a sniper on the rooftop....
Alez
[ TSBT's Pirate ]
[ TSBT's Pirate ]

#2 Re: BOINC@TACC

Post by Alez »

I have an account but team can't be set up until a task is run.
That will have to wait until onshore unless someone else gets a task, makes the basic team. I'll then join, you can transfer and I'll set up team.
davidbam
General Bitchin'
General Bitchin'

#3 Re: BOINC@TACC

Post by davidbam »

Can we get them a spell checker :P :P
I think this is fool-proof but could you just try it for me please? • There are 10 types of people in the world; those who understand binary, and those who don’t
Alez
[ TSBT's Pirate ]
[ TSBT's Pirate ]

#4 Re: BOINC@TACC

Post by Alez »

davidBAM wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:19 am Can we get them a spell checker :P :P
I volunteered myself to fix our version after some research :D
Alez
[ TSBT's Pirate ]
[ TSBT's Pirate ]

#5 Re: BOINC@TACC

Post by Alez »

new blurb but not much work. @Hal Bregg if you want to update the team info I can post the code to go in each box for you.
Alez
[ TSBT's Pirate ]
[ TSBT's Pirate ]

#6 Re: BOINC@TACC

Post by Alez »

What is BOINC@TACC?
It is a project based on the Volunteer Computing (VC) model. It helps TACC/XSEDE researchers in running applications from a wide range of scientific domains (such as, aerospace engineering, computational biology, and earthquake engineering) on the laptops, desktops, tablets, or cloud-based Virtual Machines (VMs) owned by volunteers.

How can volunteers help?
Volunteers can help scientific research by signing up for the BOINC@TACC project and allowing it to run applications on their computers and VMs. They may also need to download the required software from this website. To volunteer, join BOINC@TACC after reading the project policies.

How do researchers benefit?
This project helps the researchers in supplementing the compute-cycles available through their TACC/XSEDE allocations. With BOINC@TACC, researchers can run small high-throughput computing jobs that involve small amounts of data transfer and processing without spending their active allocations. For details on using the BOINC@TACC infrastructure, click here.

How is BOINC@TACC implemented?
It leverages the BOINC middleware and extends it to support the job submissions from supercomputers, uses the VMs in the cloud, and automatically creates Docker images of the source-code written in selected languages. The project source code is available on Github.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “BOINC@TACC”