Pending Validation and Stuck

all non specific project posts go here
davidbam
General Bitchin'
General Bitchin'

#1 Pending Validation and Stuck

Post by davidbam »

I have lots of results showing "Pending Validation" - some from almost a fortnight ago :? :?

How long does it usually take for them to validate and credit the work? I guess the related question is how do they actually validate a result at all? Do they get more than one person to do the computation ??
I think this is fool-proof but could you just try it for me please? • There are 10 types of people in the world; those who understand binary, and those who don’t
scole of TSBT
Boinc Major General
Boinc Major General

#2 Re: Pending Validation

Post by scole of TSBT »

davidBAM wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:13 am I have lots of results showing "Pending Validation" - some from almost a fortnight ago :? :?

How long does it usually take for them to validate and credit the work? I guess the related question is how do they actually validate a result at all? Do they get more than one person to do the computation ??
Don't worry. The pendings will eventually go to valid. Some projects require 2 identical WUs to be completed to compare and verify the results. The other user who was issued a WU is referred to as your wingman. Your wingman has until the deadline to return the WU. If he doesn't, the project will reissue the WU and then you must wait for that user to complete and return it.
davidbam
General Bitchin'
General Bitchin'

#3 Re: Pending Validation

Post by davidbam »

Thanks for the explanation.

That also explains why I see large variations in the daily points from certain machines which are basically only crunching for WCG :-)
I think this is fool-proof but could you just try it for me please? • There are 10 types of people in the world; those who understand binary, and those who don’t
davidbam
General Bitchin'
General Bitchin'

#4 Re: Pending Validation and Stuck

Post by davidbam »

I seem to have a WU 'stuck' - boinctasks reports it as uploading but nothing on Transfers tab. It doesn't move, even after other WU have completed, uploaded and reported.

I even restarted boinc-client service to no avail
scole of TSBT
Boinc Major General
Boinc Major General

#5 Re: Pending Validation and Stuck

Post by scole of TSBT »

Check the Transfers tab and see if there's a transfer stalled. If so, right click and retry it. Check the Messages tab and see if Boinc is logging anything.
davidbam
General Bitchin'
General Bitchin'

#6 Re: Pending Validation and Stuck

Post by davidbam »

Nothing in Transfers. First time I've noticed the Messages tab, thanks :P :P

Copied them all into Notepad and searched that but no luck. Heh, it is only one WU, not worth the effort.
Alez
[ TSBT's Pirate ]
[ TSBT's Pirate ]

#7 Re: Pending Validation and Stuck

Post by Alez »

Sometimes it does happen on Linux and there is simply nothing you can do. It will stay there on the manager as a ghost until you reinstall BOINC or an update of the manager is issued. It's a superficial thing but it seriously sets off my OCD.
The best form of help from above is a sniper on the rooftop....
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “General Posts”