No one is actually dead until the ripples they cause in the world die away.

General News and Banter all users and guests can see this forum.
Forum rules
Welcome to The Scottish Boinc Team boards. See forum rules in pinned post. If you can't be bothered then try not to be too naughty as I have a delete button to press and a ban hammer to swing.
OldChap
Boinc Private
Boinc Private

#1 No one is actually dead until the ripples they cause in the world die away.

Post by OldChap »

A Terry Pratchett quote That I hope holds true for me

Some folks know but ....

There may be some that wonder what happened so

Found a lump on my neck that was first diagnosed cancer Oct 19, Prepped in Nov, Treated in December.
By mid 2020 I knew that it had started to spread so a new treatment started not to stop it but to slow it down.
By end of year that was clearly not working as I now have it in my bones
So my friends, it is soon to be goodbye.
Fast forward to January 2021 and I have been told that my life expectancy is short
My consultant has suggested that typically with people in my situation 25% will live for what is now less than 3 months, 50% will live for 3 to 7 months and 25% may live a bit longer.
Clearly then I need to make preparations and one of those is saying my goodbyes
I met a whole bunch of good guys on this forum I am pleased to say, so a happy experience
If you think of me then hug your partners, kids and/or grandkids just a little more and keep a smile for me.
It comes to us all ......just a bit sooner than I hoped for me

Even though you might not think so by the standard of my jokes I remain a forum friend
scole of TSBT
Boinc Major General
Boinc Major General

#2 Re: No one is actually dead until the ripples they cause in the world die away.

Post by scole of TSBT »

We will all think of you often OldChap.
davidbam
General Bitchin'
General Bitchin'

#3 Re: No one is actually dead until the ripples they cause in the world die away.

Post by davidbam »

Courage, humility, humour - what an awesome combination Mike
I think this is fool-proof but could you just try it for me please? • There are 10 types of people in the world; those who understand binary, and those who don’t
Dirk Broer
Corsair
Corsair

#4 Re: No one is actually dead until the ripples they cause in the world die away.

Post by Dirk Broer »

OldChap wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:45 amEven though you might not think so by the standard of my jokes I remain a forum friend
Anyone quoting Terry Pratchett must have a good sense of humour -and a good choice in reading as well.
Alez
[ TSBT's Pirate ]
[ TSBT's Pirate ]

#5 Re: No one is actually dead until the ripples they cause in the world die away.

Post by Alez »

I 've just seen this @OldChap and it's disheartening to read, by it's inspirational at the same time due to the humility and fortitude you display. This post alone causes ripples that will stay in the hearts and minds of those of us that have been fortunate enough to have interacted with you on here. My thoughts are with you as you face this trail.
Alez
The best form of help from above is a sniper on the rooftop....
SolidAir79
San Dan
San Dan

#6 Re: No one is actually dead until the ripples they cause in the world die away.

Post by SolidAir79 »

A class act!
Hopefully you are not the turtle holding this whole world together & my guess is you might be to some people.
We all would not wish it on our biggest foe ,i wish you happyness and swiftness when you have to go :eusa-pray:

Kindest regards Alan Leslie
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “General”