We are Survivors

Dirk Broer
Corsair
Corsair

#1 Re: We are Survivors

Post by Dirk Broer »

I get the feeling you must be even older than me, I've seen most of the things that you describe as having been born before happening all around me during my youth, and I am getting 59 in a month or two...
Megacruncher
G.L.S.B.
G.L.S.B.

#2 Re: We are Survivors

Post by Megacruncher »

At a mere 56 I'm the relative youngster here.

Nevertheless, I am a pensioner, having retired last year, mostly because I could afford to, :dance: but also because I don't have a great family history of longevity & I wanted to be absolutely sure I didn't die in harness. :(
Only one of my grand-parents made it to 76 :shock: so I'm far from sure I will. :(

Respect to Peter for not only surviving that long but retaining a sense of humour. 8-)

I've seen slightly less change than him but it's Gobsmacking all the same. Nobody predicted the internet & even once it arrived nobody imagined how it would take over 21st century life. 25 years ago the idea of strangers being able to communicate easily across continents while their ridiculously powerful computers work on great scientific projects would have been laughable had anyone been able to imagine it.

It's all mostly good (not Trump or Brexit) but good or bad, Modern Life keeps us on our toes just keeping up with it.
Willie the Megacruncher
Bryan
Boinc Brigadier
Boinc Brigadier

#3 Re: We are Survivors

Post by Bryan »

Dang, all you "old" people :lol: I'll be 70 in a couple of weeks and I've been retired for 15 years now.

A lot of what was in Pete's post I can relate to ... in fact, most of it. My wife and I go to antique stores and quite a bit of what they are selling as "antiques" I remember having and using as a kid. :shock: It is like walking down "memory lane" :lol:
ChristianVirtual
Boinc Recruit

#4 Re: We are Survivors

Post by ChristianVirtual »

Can someone please change my diaper and feed me some pudding ? Feel like a 51 year old baby here :shifty:
Bryan
Boinc Brigadier
Boinc Brigadier

#5 Re: We are Survivors

Post by Bryan »

ChristianVirtual wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:01 pm Can someone please change my diaper and feed me some pudding ? Feel like a 51 year old baby here :shifty:
Still wet behind the ears :lol:
davidbam
General Bitchin'
General Bitchin'

#6 Re: We are Survivors

Post by davidbam »

A 61 year old teenager here :dance: :dance:
I think this is fool-proof but could you just try it for me please? • There are 10 types of people in the world; those who understand binary, and those who don’t
Alez
[ TSBT's Pirate ]
[ TSBT's Pirate ]

#7 Re: We are Survivors

Post by Alez »

Jeez, I'm just the teenager here :D and definitely the most responsible adult in the room. :lol: I'll agree with most except the Shira law. I have no time for bronze age goat herder crap versions of justice in any of it's various religious forms.
Anyhoo, when it's not past all you oldies bedtimes you can all wander over to the word game threads ( if you can find them / remember where they are ) and try and educate this young whipper snapper :ugeek:
The best form of help from above is a sniper on the rooftop....
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Fun and Games”