Christmas Greetings

davidbam
General Bitchin'
General Bitchin'

#1 Re: Christmas Greetings

Post by davidbam »

Thanks Pete, and I'd like to wish you and yours all the very best for the Festive Season and beyond. I'll still be around BTW, only my IP will change :lol:

Christmas Day was just another working day in Scotland - certainly in Orkney - up until the the 1960's. I remember my father having to work a half-day and I think he got home early because he had young family. Me :D New Year was the really big celebration perhaps pointing to our more-pagan past.

Now though, Christmas is what it is and I only hope you can all have the Christmas you wish for. Thank you for making me so welcome on TSBT.

PS: This is maybe a good time to tell you all that I've arranged a nice Christmas present for myself. The bunker drop at midnight should take me into the 10-digit club :P :dance: :P (thank you nVidia and Collatz) Might even creep into the top 1000 worldwide on Boincstats. Is it sad that this matters to me?
I think this is fool-proof but could you just try it for me please? • There are 10 types of people in the world; those who understand binary, and those who don’t
Bryan
Boinc Brigadier
Boinc Brigadier

#2 Re: Christmas Greetings

Post by Bryan »

Merry Christmas to everyone!
Bryan
Boinc Brigadier
Boinc Brigadier

#3 Re: Christmas Greetings

Post by Bryan »

This is going to be some very busy holidays. Right after the 1st we will be going south for the remainder of the winter and I have to get all the computers ready for remote operation. I'm retiring 3 machines on the 24th and I have to get them boxed and shipped to teammates. Yesterday I added SSH to a few machines and updated TeamViewer on all the Linux machines. I still have to kick them over to Windows and update TV there.

I bought a couple more networked power strips so I need to measure the current draw on each machine to figure out how to best distribute the power load. Each power strip is good for 15A total.
davidbam
General Bitchin'
General Bitchin'

#4 Re: Christmas Greetings

Post by davidbam »

Phew, what a relief !!

Teamviewer wouldn't connect through my in-law's router at all. Works fine when I tether through my mobile phone though.

Probably a firewall setting but as they are 86 years old, I'm not even going to try and get an admin password to investigate
I think this is fool-proof but could you just try it for me please? • There are 10 types of people in the world; those who understand binary, and those who don’t
Alez
[ TSBT's Pirate ]
[ TSBT's Pirate ]

#5 Re: Christmas Greetings

Post by Alez »

Merry Christmas to all. My treat will be the fact that I am onshore and will be able to spend the day cooking and serving for the family. Beat's the crap out of some of the places I have spent this day over the years. To each and every member of the team I wish you a merry Christmas and a happy and prosperous new year.
May the best ye hae ivver seen be the warst ye'll ivver see.
May the moose ne'er lea' yer girnal wi a tear-drap in its ee.
May ye aye keep hail an hertie till ye'r auld eneuch tae dee.
May ye aye juist be sae happie as A wuss ye aye tae be.
The above, in translation, reads:
May the best you have ever seen be the worst you will ever see.
May the mouse never leave your grain store with a tear drop in its eye.
May you always stay hale and hearty until you are old enough to die.
May you still be as happy as I always wish you to be.

Here's tae us !
Wha's like us ?
Damn few, and they're a' deid .... Mairs the pity!
The best form of help from above is a sniper on the rooftop....
Dirk Broer
Corsair
Corsair

#6 Re: Christmas Greetings

Post by Dirk Broer »

I do hope ye lot have survived boxing day!
In the case you did: happy new year, and lots of cores/threads
In case you didn't: how come you be able to read this page?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Fun and Games”