GoofyxGrid@Home

Forum rules
Welcome to The Scottish Boinc Team boards. See forum rules in pinned post. If you can't be bothered then try not to be too naughty as I have a delete button to press and a ban hammer to swing.
Alez
[ TSBT's Pirate ]
[ TSBT's Pirate ]

#51 Re: GoofyxGrid@Home

Post by Alez »

Bryan wrote:
McShane of TSBT wrote:The Admin of this project changed his mind and you can run as many instances of this project as you can. See: http://goofyxgridathome.net/forum_threa ... =1273#1273
Here, hold my beer and watch this :lol:
Paah, 50% more load and the server has gone into melt down. Take a bow, Bryan, now known as the destroyer of servers and punisher of boastful admins :D
The best form of help from above is a sniper on the rooftop....
Bryan
Boinc Brigadier
Boinc Brigadier

#52 Re: GoofyxGrid@Home

Post by Bryan »

Note to self; 6.6M/day is okay ... 7.6M/day not so much :roll:
Alez
[ TSBT's Pirate ]
[ TSBT's Pirate ]

#53 Re: GoofyxGrid@Home

Post by Alez »

Dead disks apparently. I am sure it was my laptop that pushed it over the edge :P
New server being brought online. Gentlemen, prepare to batter the server again :twisted:
Bryan
Boinc Brigadier
Boinc Brigadier

#54 Re: GoofyxGrid@Home

Post by Bryan »

I hope this server doesn't get as "bored" as the last one did before it died :lol:
Alez
[ TSBT's Pirate ]
[ TSBT's Pirate ]

#55 Re: GoofyxGrid@Home

Post by Alez »

Bryan wrote:I hope this server doesn't get as "bored" as the last one did before it died :lol:
Bwahahahaha, words that can really come back to haunt you. Image

In case it vanishes, this is what the admin said.

Hi all, being one of the users that have 1000+ instances of the app running, I would like to receive a formal statement from the admin about what is expected and allowed in this regard

From a scientific standpoint the admin should be happy that so much extra work is being done.

on the one hand I know that the multi instances is not fair, but on the other hand, all my applications are NCI because of this the more WU in progress the better at this moment.
I know I banned some user for multi-instances <- they are unBanned from now.

assuming that the servers are able to handle the additional load

That server handle more that 80k WU in progress for two apps with average load 3-4 on 4c/8t and 32Gb rams, so it's no load for that kind of hardware <- that was the record. Now after people don't use massive multi instances we have 4 apps and about 50k I have load 2-3 so server is bored now. HardWare is no problem for now. If server will have to much work to do I just will (a little) decrease daily wu quota.
My new server solutions from february 2017 will be good enough for that kind of apps.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Goofyxgrid”