16/-22/11 World Community Grid on the occasion of the grids 16th birthday

Alez
[ TSBT's Pirate ]
[ TSBT's Pirate ]

#1 16/-22/11 World Community Grid on the occasion of the grids 16th birthday

Post by Alez »

Challenge Stats here...https://www.seti-germany.de/wcg/stats_t ... cg&lang=en

FYI guys @Megacruncher @davidBAM @scole of TSBT

Sorry Alez for writing to you again. The invitation this time with working links.

Dear members of The Scottish Boinc Team,

For Nov 16th to Nov 22nd 2020 SETI.Germany is arranging a challenge at World Community Grid on the occasion of the grids 16th birthday:

We would like to invite The Scottish Boinc Team to participate in the challenge and hope that your team and many members of your team will be joining and participting this event.
Be aware, only your WCG-Team-Captain can join your team to the challenge!
https://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/team ... geId=10277

More information and statistics regarding the challenge can be here found: https://www.seti-germany.de/wcg/1_en_Welcome.html.

Your participation is very much appreciated.

Greetings
pons
Seti.Germany
The best form of help from above is a sniper on the rooftop....
Miklos M
Butterfly Whisperer / Milkweeder

#2 Re: 16/-22/11 World Community Grid on the occasion of the grids 16th birthday

Post by Miklos M »

Alez wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:09 pm FYI guys @Megacruncher @davidBAM @scole of TSBT

Sorry Alez for writing to you again. The invitation this time with working links.

Dear members of The Scottish Boinc Team,

For Nov 16th to Nov 22nd 2020 SETI.Germany is arranging a challenge at World Community Grid on the occasion of the grids 16th birthday:

We would like to invite The Scottish Boinc Team to participate in the challenge and hope that your team and many members of your team will be joining and participting this event.
Be aware, only your WCG-Team-Captain can join your team to the challenge!
https://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/team ... geId=10277

More information and statistics regarding the challenge can be here found: https://www.seti-germany.de/wcg/1_en_Welcome.html.

Your participation is very much appreciated.

Greetings
pons
Seti.Germany
Count me in. :-)
Megacruncher
G.L.S.B.
G.L.S.B.

#3 Re: 16/-22/11 World Community Grid on the occasion of the grids 16th birthday

Post by Megacruncher »

As WCG Team Captain I have entered us into this challenge. :-)
Willie the Megacruncher
Miklos M

#4 Re: 16/-22/11 World Community Grid on the occasion of the grids 16th birthday

Post by Miklos M »

Megacruncher wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:12 am As WCG Team Captain I have entered us into this challenge. :-)
Let's go Team. p1
Granowski
Marathon Man, Morale Officer, Prime Mover
Marathon Man, Morale Officer, Prime Mover

#5 Re: 16/-22/11 World Community Grid on the occasion of the grids 16th birthday

Post by Granowski »

greetings ... three more days and I am going to switch 4 x 14 xeon core ... into OpenPandemics ...

the 10.000.000 badge for ogr ... is going to be gained ...

sincerely, Gregg Roman Granowski ...
Miklos M

#6 Re: 16/-22/11 World Community Grid on the occasion of the grids 16th birthday

Post by Miklos M »

Granowski wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:55 am greetings ... three more days and I am going to switch 4 x 14 xeon core ... into OpenPandemics ...

the 10.000.000 badge for ogr ... is going to be gained ...

sincerely, Gregg Roman Granowski ...
That is a great achievement Gregg. Congratulations. We make a strong team in PrimeGrid. :lol:
I will start bunkering soon for the next contest in a little over a day.
Alez
[ TSBT's Pirate ]
[ TSBT's Pirate ]

#7 Re: 16/-22/11 World Community Grid on the occasion of the grids 16th birthday

Post by Alez »

Unfortunately I'm out of this one as well. In addition to being stuck in Norway, the phone line to the house has cratered so my family are stuck with no phone or internet when they have online courses etc to do, plus the world living online. 2020, the year that just keeps giving.
Miklos M

#8 Re: 16/-22/11 World Community Grid on the occasion of the grids 16th birthday

Post by Miklos M »

Alez wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:12 pm Unfortunately I'm out of this one as well. In addition to being stuck in Norway, the phone line to the house has cratered so my family are stuck with no phone or internet when they have online courses etc to do, plus the world living online. 2020, the year that just keeps giving.
Sorry to hear that. Not being able to communicate in this age is very frustrating. At least if you have time you can hit the slopes. You are too far away for smoke signals or tin cans. :-)
Alez
[ TSBT's Pirate ]
[ TSBT's Pirate ]

#9 Re: 16/-22/11 World Community Grid on the occasion of the grids 16th birthday

Post by Alez »

Miklos M wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:18 pm
Alez wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:12 pm Unfortunately I'm out of this one as well. In addition to being stuck in Norway, the phone line to the house has cratered so my family are stuck with no phone or internet when they have online courses etc to do, plus the world living online. 2020, the year that just keeps giving.
Sorry to hear that. Not being able to communicate in this age is very frustrating. At least if you have time you can hit the slopes. You are too far away for smoke signals or tin cans. :-)
No chance of hitting any slopes as I'm offshore on an oilrig whilst they are back home. I also suspect that Norway will soon be on the UK quarantine list so I could well be here for a long time.
scole of TSBT
Boinc Major General
Boinc Major General

#10 Re: 16/-22/11 World Community Grid on the occasion of the grids 16th birthday

Post by scole of TSBT »

Alez wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:26 pm No chance of hitting any slopes as I'm offshore on an oilrig whilst they are back home. I also suspect that Norway will soon be on the UK quarantine list so I could well be here for a long time.
catch a wave and surf home!
Miklos M

#11 Re: 16/-22/11 World Community Grid on the occasion of the grids 16th birthday

Post by Miklos M »

Is the challenge by SG starting tonight at 6 EST? Ready to dump some of the loads.
Megacruncher
G.L.S.B.
G.L.S.B.

#12 Re: 16/-22/11 World Community Grid on the occasion of the grids 16th birthday

Post by Megacruncher »

It starts at midnight UTC, in just under seven hours.
There’s a countdown on the SG stats page for it.
https://www.seti-germany.de/wcg/1_en_Welcome.html
Willie the Megacruncher
Megacruncher
G.L.S.B.
G.L.S.B.

#13 Re: 16/-22/11 World Community Grid on the occasion of the grids 16th birthday

Post by Megacruncher »

Challenge has started. I'm not able to upload any work. I'm sure that will improve as the week goes on.
Willie the Megacruncher
scole of TSBT
Boinc Major General
Boinc Major General

#14 Re: 16/-22/11 World Community Grid on the occasion of the grids 16th birthday

Post by scole of TSBT »

Challenge stats can be found here...https://www.seti-germany.de/wcg/stats_t ... cg&lang=en

I added a link to the challenge stats in the first post also.
Megacruncher
G.L.S.B.
G.L.S.B.

#15 Re: 16/-22/11 World Community Grid on the occasion of the grids 16th birthday

Post by Megacruncher »

TSBT are currently 8th of 94 competing teams. I suspect we’ll lose some ground as people wake up but all the same that’s a decent start by a wee team juggling various priorities.
Willie the Megacruncher
Miklos M

#16 Re: 16/-22/11 World Community Grid on the occasion of the grids 16th birthday

Post by Miklos M »

Go Jugglers!
Megacruncher
G.L.S.B.
G.L.S.B.

#17 Re: 16/-22/11 World Community Grid on the occasion of the grids 16th birthday

Post by Megacruncher »

We seem to have some visitors!
Welcome guys! Good of you to help. Although I've got a feeling that TSBT are destined for respectability rather than victory in this one.
Willie the Megacruncher
PecosRiverM
Boinc Second Lieutenant
Boinc Second Lieutenant

#18 Re: 16/-22/11 World Community Grid on the occasion of the grids 16th birthday

Post by PecosRiverM »

Sorry no bunker from me. But I'll run flat out as temps allow.
Miklos M

#19 Re: 16/-22/11 World Community Grid on the occasion of the grids 16th birthday

Post by Miklos M »

Careful on the Return Dates. This time units returned late are not credited. Or so I am finding out.
scole of TSBT
Boinc Major General
Boinc Major General

#20 Re: 16/-22/11 World Community Grid on the occasion of the grids 16th birthday

Post by scole of TSBT »

:oops:
Megacruncher
G.L.S.B.
G.L.S.B.

#21 Re: 16/-22/11 World Community Grid on the occasion of the grids 16th birthday

Post by Megacruncher »

Miklos M wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:12 am Careful on the Return Dates. This time units returned late are not credited. Or so I am finding out.
Ouch.
But useful to know.
Anyway we are still holding on to 10th place.
Willie the Megacruncher
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “archive”