Denis restarting ?

Alez
[ TSBT's Pirate ]
[ TSBT's Pirate ]

#1 Denis restarting ?

Post by Alez »

Original post is here

Dear volunteers,
First of all, I hope that all of you and those close to you are well in this global pandemic.
This week is the anniversary of one of the hardest moments of this project. Three years ago, during a database update, it was corrupted. With this failure we detected that the backup system of the data base was not working as it should and we were only able to restore a 6-months-old backup. All this situation coincided just at the moment in which we stopped having a person dedicated full time to the project, which supposed an added difficulty.
The results sent by the volunteers were saved in another system and only the tasks in progress were affected.
The main loss of information was the credits obtained by the different volunteers. At that time we were able to recover a large part of them, but all the accounts created between January and June were lost.

Your support and understanding during those days was enormous. However, as I told you at the time, being able to return the credits to you was an important issue: it is the only way we have to thank you for all the support for the project.

Since then, several of you have asked me if we could recover the credits from those accounts, and I didn't want to let it go any further. It was not an easy job because we had the credit information but not a system to connect them with the new accounts you were creating. Thanks to the existence of Boincstats.com and the BOINC cross project identifier, part of you will be able to recover your credits. I have been able to find almost 300 of those accounts on Boincstats.com, and in the next few days, through Boincstats.com, I will send you a link to recover lost credits. You will receive a personalized URL that will add the lost credit to your user and will correct the date since you are collaborating with us. I will send the messages in several days so that Boincstats.com does not exceed the limit of messages it can send. I want to publicly thank Will for allowing me to use his platform for all this messages. I will notify you when all are sent.

If you don't have an account on Boincstats, you can create it and associate it with the BOINC projects you collaborate on. I will periodically search for new users to whom we can return credits.

If you have any idea to associate your old accounts with the current ones, do not hesitate to contact me, we will find how to prepare it.

This is the first step to gradually start up this project again. You are an incredible community that we do not want to miss. Unfortunately, we cant afford to hire someone full time for the project so we will go very slowly. We have tried several times to obtain founds for the project and we have had good evaluations, but not enough to get them. We will continue working on it, but until we get it, we will go slowly.

Thank you very much, you have me at your disposal and I hope that, little by little, you will be receiving more messages from me.

Greetings,
Jesus.
The best form of help from above is a sniper on the rooftop....
Alez
[ TSBT's Pirate ]
[ TSBT's Pirate ]

#2 Re: Denis restarting ?

Post by Alez »

Denis has been retired from BAM.
The best form of help from above is a sniper on the rooftop....
scole of TSBT
Boinc Major General
Boinc Major General

#3 Re: Denis restarting ?

Post by scole of TSBT »

The project hasn't been permanently ended but it is dormant for now.
Thyme Lawn
Boinc Recruit

#4 Re: Denis restarting ?

Post by Thyme Lawn »

Denis has been restarted
Dear volunteers:
As we had indicated in previous messages, we had to stop fitting the model because there was an experiment that we could not fit well. After analyzing our results, we believe that one of the limiting factors could be in the number of simulations we do to fit the behavior of the model in the experiment. Therefore, before continuing with the model fit, we are going to do a new test to study this in detail. We just put in new simulations to help us analyze this experiment to see if we can improve the model and its fit.

Thank you for your patience during this break. After analyzing the results of this experiment we hope to be able to resume the simulations.

Best,
Jesús
"The ultimate test of a moral society is the kind of world that it leaves to its children." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer
scole of TSBT
Boinc Major General
Boinc Major General

#5 Re: Denis restarting ?

Post by scole of TSBT »

If you WUProp star whores need a new project app, DENIS has Beta of DENIS-myocyte WUs
Dirk Broer
Corsair
Corsair

#6 Re: Denis restarting ?

Post by Dirk Broer »

scole of TSBT wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:48 amIf you WUProp star whores need a new project app, DENIS has Beta of DENIS-myocyte WUs
I appear to be such a WUProp star whore that I already have 8,829.15 hours on said app -so it can't be new...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “DENIS”