new gpu72 app (replaced by TF)

Forum rules
scole of TSBT
Boinc Major General
Boinc Major General

#11 Re: new gpu72 app

Post by scole of TSBT »

I had the 435 driver installed but it didn't work. There may have been an easier way but I had to revert to the xserver-xorg-video-nouveau driver, completely remove the nvidia driver, log out of the GUI, SSH into a command prompt, stop the X server, install the CUDA 10.1 tool kit without the 4.18 driver, then reinstall the 435 driver. Rebooting between each uninstall/remove/install step.
jockmacmad2
Boinc Warrant Officer Class 2
Boinc Warrant Officer Class 2

#12 Re: new gpu72 app

Post by jockmacmad2 »

ElementaryOS FTW

Gave up on other distro's incl. Mint recently (19.1 to 19.2 to 19.3, kernel updates and fiddling for my Wifi cards, chuffing about with Mesa for the AMD then bang). Latest ElementaryOS 20 mins from start of install to BOINC running on AMD RX cards and out of the box working AX200 Wifi on vanilla Kernel 5.3. Winner.
davidbam
General Bitchin'
General Bitchin'

#13 Re: new gpu72 app

Post by davidbam »

Oh !!!!!
I think this is fool-proof but could you just try it for me please? • There are 10 types of people in the world; those who understand binary, and those who don’t
davidbam
General Bitchin'
General Bitchin'

#14 Re: new gpu72 app

Post by davidbam »

This one? https://elementary.io/

If you get a moment, I'd love to see some timings on Einstein and MilkyWay please
I think this is fool-proof but could you just try it for me please? • There are 10 types of people in the world; those who understand binary, and those who don’t
Dirk Broer
Corsair
Corsair

#15 Re: new gpu72 app

Post by Dirk Broer »

I've let my i7-3770 run dry while on Ubuntu 18.04 to be able to upgrade it to either Ubuntu 19.10 or 20.04 Beta. Then trying to get that blasted nVidia Cuda 10.1 toolkit working.
If all runs well: rip out the motherboard/CPU combo (->goes to my son, promised ages ago) and replace the whole shebang with an Asrock B450 Pro4 board and a Ryzen 5 six-core,
plus that GT 1030 card I mentioned earlier, and keep waiting for that lottery ticket to be able to fit in that R9 3950 sixteen-core and the full 128GB of RAM needed to be able to get 4GB for each thread. Might want to fit in a more potent GeForce card too, it the lottery ticket holds enough...
scole of TSBT
Boinc Major General
Boinc Major General

#16 Re: new gpu72 app

Post by scole of TSBT »

Mega Millions up to $63 mil cash after taxes and Powerball up to $96 mil cash after taxes. I feel lucky this week :-)
Dirk Broer
Corsair
Corsair

#17 Re: new gpu72 app

Post by Dirk Broer »

scole of TSBT wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:36 am Mega Millions up to $63 mil cash after taxes and Powerball up to $96 mil cash after taxes. I feel lucky this week :-)
Let's hope that the feeling comes true then: $159 after taxes might buy you so much that you can own your own power company. Computing comes cheap thereafter....
Alez
[ TSBT's Pirate ]
[ TSBT's Pirate ]

#18 Re: new gpu72 app

Post by Alez »

davidBAM wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:59 pm This one? https://elementary.io/

If you get a moment, I'd love to see some timings on Einstein and MilkyWay please
Did you ever give this a try ? Interested to know.
The best form of help from above is a sniper on the rooftop....
davidbam
General Bitchin'
General Bitchin'

#19 Re: new gpu72 app (replaced by TF)

Post by davidbam »

Jock never replied so no.

As it happens, I sold all six of my AMD rx570/rx580 gpu cards yesterday
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “SRBase”