Pirates crunch what ?

Avast ye scurvey dogs, Yaar! You have been warned!
scole of TSBT
Boinc Major General
Boinc Major General

#81 Re: Pirates crunch what ?

Post by scole of TSBT »

Actually, I say let's give Leiden the pirate treatment. I think Dirk is looking forward to it since the project is hosted in his home town of Leiden. And he is a pirate. He's over yonder trying to get to know all those British Virgins :pirate:
Silver
Boinc Brigadier
Boinc Brigadier

#82 Re: Pirates crunch what ?

Post by Silver »

Looks like leiden might be another one that's over before its started.
We might have to wait and see if any work becomes available.
scole of TSBT
Boinc Major General
Boinc Major General

#83 Re: Pirates crunch what ?

Post by scole of TSBT »

Any suggestions on Formula BOINC projects to beat on? I know where trying defend a 1st in YAFU and we're winding up for a round on NFS. Any projects that look like low hanging fruit we could blitz?
Alez
[ TSBT's Pirate ]
[ TSBT's Pirate ]

#84 Re: Pirates crunch what ?

Post by Alez »

whatever you fancy and I will help out. Should be getting my Yafu output up a bit thanks to the config file. We could probabily grab some points on burp, except for me that is, as burp on windows doesn't validate with linux and all my nvidias are linux. We could also gain some points on CSG if we wanted to kick the german team you took yafu from some more :shock:
dDM could be another contender.
What's your thoughts ?
The best form of help from above is a sniper on the rooftop....
scole of TSBT
Boinc Major General
Boinc Major General

#85 Re: Pirates crunch what ?

Post by scole of TSBT »

I think CSG is a good target. Or Sztaki Desktop Grid which pays better on Linux. Heck, I'll setup linux systems USB sticks to run stuff. I would love to catch a project like CAS, EDGeS, Lattice with work and blitz it too. Those projects don't have terribly high total credits.
Alez
[ TSBT's Pirate ]
[ TSBT's Pirate ]

#86 Re: Pirates crunch what ?

Post by Alez »

Sztaki Desktop Grid is one I need to run some more of and is light on resources so could get a bunch of old systems running it to. CSG has a comp in a few weeks as well. Might spend a little less resources on normal comps to prioritise formula boinc and 1st in the country. This will defo be our best ever Formula boinc finish, wish some more joined in. We need some new recruits ....

For USB installs I use pendrive linux

Lubuntu is a good choice as it's small but uses all the repos for ubuntu so easy to set up and run. Most of my systems are almost there, just a few more to go then they will all be on lubuntu.
Finally got some Yafu credit flowing in which should help build us a cushion.
scole of TSBT
Boinc Major General
Boinc Major General

#87 Re: Pirates crunch what ?

Post by scole of TSBT »

I'm good with hitting CSG for the team challenge and Formula BOINC. Wait for the NFS challenge to end and hit CSG? In the mean time, I was going to continue switching over to NSF, crunch, then bunker when it's time. I'll stay with Yafu on a couple systems until it's time to setup and bunker NFS on those.

We're over 300K ahead of meisterkuehler.de Team on YAFU and I figured they would peel away from the pursuit by now and go back to previous crunching levels this past month but Egon Olsen is still pushing on. Think we could ask a favor of the BlackOps gang and arrange a power failure on his street? Ya know, just a nudge. 8)
Alez
[ TSBT's Pirate ]
[ TSBT's Pirate ]

#88 Re: Pirates crunch what ?

Post by Alez »

My Yafu output is continueing to rise so between the two of us he's a bug on the windshield. Going to stay on Yafu for a few days then switch to nfs for challenge. After lets see where we are and then hit CSG if all else safe. I like the idea of Sztaki Desktop Grid for an extra smash and grab to though. dDM or POGS ( if they have any work ) are options too.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Anguillan Pirates”