new project added - ABC Lattices@home

Forum rules
Welcome to The Scottish Boinc Team boards. See forum rules in pinned post. If you can't be bothered then try not to be too naughty as I have a delete button to press and a ban hammer to swing.
Alez
[ TSBT's Pirate ]
[ TSBT's Pirate ]

#1 new project added - ABC Lattices@home

Post by Alez »

new project available.

http://boinc2.cs.hs-rm.de/abclll/index.php

What is ABC Lattices @Home all about?
ABC Lattices @HOME is a research project that uses Internet-connected computers for searching for good abc-triples. Unlike ABC@Home, this project is not aiming for a thorough search of a certain range of numbers. Instead, we are trying to find good triples with the help of a specialized algorithm and educated guesses in areas beyond 2^100. You can participate by downloading and running a free program on your computer.

ABC Lattices @HOME is based at Hochschule RheinMain - University of Applied Sciences It is as part of my (Jan Gampe) masters thesis 'Parallel algorithms and the abc-conjecture'

Thesis page (work in progress)

The applications provided are designed for Pentium 3 machines or better, and have been tested under the following OS'ses:

GNU/Linux 2.6 or newer (32/64 bit)
Windows XP, Vista, 7 (8 is untested yet)
OS X (any 64bit Apple machine should handle it)

Please bear in mind that my apps are only a few weeks old and are relying heavily on scientific 3rd party libs. Computation errors are likely to happen but I'll try my best to minimize them.
Reeltime
Boinc Second Lieutenant
Boinc Second Lieutenant

Post by Reeltime »

No work currently, so can't comment on work units
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “ABC Lattices”