Security Key

Bryan
Boinc Brigadier
Boinc Brigadier

#1 Security Key

Post by Bryan »

I finally noticed that my WCG credits were dropping today. I'm running 2 instances on a 2990WX and 1 instance had run out of WCG WU (sat idle 14 hours). Looking at the messages I had errors on every project I was attached to; "Message from the server: project has changed its security key. please remove and add this project."

I was attached to WuProp, Goofygrid NCI, Primegrid, Collatz,and WCG. That error was appearing for each project.

Stopping/restarting BOINC didn't help. Rebooting didn't help. I finally did as it said and detached/reattached and everything pulled work and seems to be happy.

Has anyone ever seen this? And if so what's the cause.
davidbam
General Bitchin'
General Bitchin'

#2 Re: Security Key

Post by davidbam »

Where are these messages? In the boincmgr Event Log ??
I think this is fool-proof but could you just try it for me please? • There are 10 types of people in the world; those who understand binary, and those who don’t
Bryan
Boinc Brigadier
Boinc Brigadier

#3 Re: Security Key

Post by Bryan »

Yes, in the event log.
Alez
[ TSBT's Pirate ]
[ TSBT's Pirate ]

#4 Re: Security Key

Post by Alez »

Never seen that on all projects. Something very strange there. Obviously that was the case when slicker changed the key on collatz after the Gridcoin fiasco, but never on every project. I am running all the same projects and I have not had any messages indicating any problem.
The best form of help from above is a sniper on the rooftop....
Bryan
Boinc Brigadier
Boinc Brigadier

#5 Re: Security Key

Post by Bryan »

There are 2 instances running on that machine - 32 threads each. The other instance had no problems. I'm guessing there was some kind of glitch on the 1 instance that somehow corrupted something in the BOINC folder. A pure guess.

Since I detached and reattached it has been working without a problem. Dunno, one of those mysteries of life I guess.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “BOINC Software Applications”