Account and Stats

Just as the title says!
scotrep
Boinc Private
Boinc Private

#1 Account and Stats

Post by scotrep »

Hello,

Tried contacting mail4tsbt@dunadd.co.uk but message failed. Not sure if my BOINC account is properly linked as I think I've registered TWICE under different emails!

I know, I know...but I forgot a was a member years ago before I built a new PC. Can anyone help?

Thanks! :oops:
Alez
[ TSBT's Pirate ]
[ TSBT's Pirate ]

#2 Re: Account and Stats

Post by Alez »

Not sure what you mean by registered twice ? do you mean here at the forum or on boinc ? If you want pm me with the problem and I will sort or try and get it sorted for you .
The best form of help from above is a sniper on the rooftop....
Megacruncher
G.L.S.B.
G.L.S.B.

#3 Re: Account and Stats

Post by Megacruncher »

Hi Scotrep.
Welcome.
Your forum account seems to be working fine so I assume that the problem is with your Boinc Accounts. You can resume any Boinc project using a new e-mail but first you need to edit your details by going to the Your Account page of each of your accounts. Otherwise even if you keep the same username etc they will just assume that your are someone new.
Willie the Megacruncher
Alez
[ TSBT's Pirate ]
[ TSBT's Pirate ]

#4 Re: Account and Stats

Post by Alez »

As Mega said. Boinc accounts are held by e mail address, not user name. Use the same email across all your accounts and they will line up. Any problem, give one of us a shout.
scotrep
Boinc Private
Boinc Private

#5 Re: Account and Stats

Post by scotrep »

Hi guys,

Thanks for your posts.

I think what's confusing me is that my username on TSBT is 'scotrep' but my BOINC stats just show as 'Craig' when viewed on the Team Stats link.Stats match with BOINC account so I think its actually fine. Just me being daft!

Now that I have a better PC (rather than my old Pentium 2GB job) I hope to really get into this, once I've figured out the credit system.

Cheers!

Craig
Silver
Boinc Brigadier
Boinc Brigadier

#6 Re: Account and Stats

Post by Silver »

scotrep wrote:snip
I hope to really get into this, once I've figured out the credit system.
Once you've managed that you could maybe let us all know too :wink:

Sorry, thats a bit of an in joke. If you have a trawl through the forum you'll see some posts about the Bitcoi Utopia project and the credits that it is generating plus a whole lot of other issues with credit :?

Anyway, I didn't want to make this a negative post so..

Glad you've got your account sorted out and happy crunching! :)
scotrep
Boinc Private
Boinc Private

#7 Re: Account and Stats

Post by scotrep »

Hahaha! I'm glad I'm not the only one confused by stats then!

I'm mainly trying to get up the league tables for TSBT, its the only one I can understand just now.
Silver
Boinc Brigadier
Boinc Brigadier

#8 Re: Account and Stats

Post by Silver »

My tips would be:
Just crunch what you want when you want.
Feel free to ask any questions - no matter how stupid you think they are - someone will usually be able to help you out.
Drop in any time and participate in the craziness around here :D
Don't upset the penguin ;)
Alez
[ TSBT's Pirate ]
[ TSBT's Pirate ]

#9 Re: Account and Stats

Post by Alez »

You can change your name to make everything line up if you want, so long as you keep the same e mail address across all projects. Even easier if you use BamStats.
For credit , on cpu - skynet pogs, on gpu - collatz or bitcoin, or get an ASIC or 2 and run bitcoin :shock:
scotrep
Boinc Private
Boinc Private

#10 Re: Account and Stats

Post by scotrep »

Thanks Alez, but I'm not quite sure about all that.

I've also noticed only my SETI credit is loading to the Team Stats figures and none of the other project work is showing. Will trawl the BOINC pages, but if anyone knows the quick answer...?

Thanks! :)
scotrep
Boinc Private
Boinc Private

#11 Re: Account and Stats

Post by scotrep »

I think I've linked the World Community tasks but cant get join team for Climate Prediction....any clues?

Ta
scotrep
Boinc Private
Boinc Private

#12 Re: Account and Stats

Post by scotrep »

Found it. Wasn't logged in so didn't get the option to join. Thought BOINC would automatically log me in as it does with SETI....
PinkPenguin
Boinc Sergeant
Boinc Sergeant

#13 Re: Account and Stats

Post by PinkPenguin »

If you are using BAM! it will log you in automatically but you have to join the team afterwards. You can do this directly on the project site or, in most cases, via the BAM! "Teams" Menu. When you first sign up for a new project you are not on any team.

I think it works this way because you can be on different teams in different projects.
"This is one of those days that the pages of history teach us are best spent lying in bed."
scotrep
Boinc Private
Boinc Private

#14 Re: Account and Stats

Post by scotrep »

Hi Penguin, thanks for info!

Tried BAM! but its only letting me link SETI to TSBT. Other two projects just keep saying 'no response from project'....am I doing something wrong.....?
Alez
[ TSBT's Pirate ]
[ TSBT's Pirate ]

#15 Re: Account and Stats

Post by Alez »

What are the other two projects? Fairly much every single project on Boinc can be controlled through BamStats except CPDN and WCG. They need to be done through your account on each project.
PinkPenguin
Boinc Sergeant
Boinc Sergeant

#16 Re: Account and Stats

Post by PinkPenguin »

scotrep wrote:Hi Penguin, thanks for info!

Tried BAM! but its only letting me link SETI to TSBT. Other two projects just keep saying 'no response from project'....am I doing something wrong.....?
From what I can see on the BOINCSTATS site your only project not associated with TSBT is ClimatePrediction (CPDN) - as alez says you will have to login to the site and choose the team from your account page.

The others DistrRTgen, Einstein, LHC, Primegrid and Seti (including the two retired projects (Chess960 and Spinhenge) are already associated with TSBT.
"This is one of those days that the pages of history teach us are best spent lying in bed."
scotrep
Boinc Private
Boinc Private

#17 Re: Account and Stats

Post by scotrep »

Ah! They would be the ones NOT linking.... Shame
scotrep
Boinc Private
Boinc Private

#18 Re: Account and Stats

Post by scotrep »

I've noticed that WCG IS actually recording my stats under my proper username...SETI seems to be different, although they are exactly the same login and email details....I'm so confused.
scotrep
Boinc Private
Boinc Private

#19 Re: Account and Stats

Post by scotrep »

Thanks for checking Penguin!

I can now see WCG and CPDN are linked to TSBT, but my 'scotrep' moniker seems to be set as 'International' rather than UK, like my 'Craig' moniker (which seems to be just recording SETI. The 'scotrep' one looks like its taking EVERYTHING together and therefore duplicating the SETI results.

This ain't easy.... :(
Alez
[ TSBT's Pirate ]
[ TSBT's Pirate ]

#20 Re: Account and Stats

Post by Alez »

Use bamstats. Eventually all will line up once all the projects have the same CPID. As before use the same email on all projects. Time and patience :D
PinkPenguin
Boinc Sergeant
Boinc Sergeant

#21 Re: Account and Stats

Post by PinkPenguin »

scotrep wrote:Thanks for checking Penguin!

I can now see WCG and CPDN are linked to TSBT, but my 'scotrep' moniker seems to be set as 'International' rather than UK, like my 'Craig' moniker (which seems to be just recording SETI. The 'scotrep' one looks like its taking EVERYTHING together and therefore duplicating the SETI results.

This ain't easy.... :(
Actually, I may have got it incomplete - I think you will find that the SETI and CPDN results are seen as by different users (different email addresses) so you will probably not be able to merge the results unless you can use your old email address in the new projects. For SETI and CPDN the situation is:
1. SETI 342,030 credits on old ID and 10,088 not he new ID (TJ item 1 below)
2. CPDN 5,120 credits on old ID and 311 on the new ID (TJ item 2 below)

I have tried cross-checking with TJ's Stats and here is what I see:
1. Craig - with around 10.000 credits and who joined SETI in August 2013 and restarted doing SETI again since 18th August 2014. (coincides with your return to active duty but maybe not you... ;-)
2. scotrep - who joined CPDN on 18th August 2014 as Craig and WCG on 20th August 2014 as scotrep...
3. Craig LHC,Einstein,chess960 and Spinhenge, craigles Seti, embracraig DistRTgen, Primegrid (see my first statement and post) - TJ obviously thinks these are the same person and Boincstats (see item 2 below) confirms this.

Looking at Boincstats scotrep does not appear to exist but there are a number of Craigs available:
1. Scott Craig -SETI - who joined SETI in March 1999 and is flying an International Flag (definitely pirate potential there... ;) - however he has not been active since 2012 so probably not you...
2. Craig (see my first statement and post) - this is the Craig that corresponds to point 3. under TJ's stats both for projects and total credits. The only difference is CPDN which is not present in TJ's stats (because it is not associated with TSBT) but everything else matches including total credits.

Right, so here's what needs to be done - at this point you will have to go manual and you may need your old email address / password if you still have it:
1. Log in to your account on each project web site.
2. In the ACCOUNT INFO section change the email address, nickname and country you are using to "scotrep", United kingdom and your current email address.
3. In the COMMUNITY section change your team to TSBT if necessary.
4. In Boincstats - align your username and email address to "scotrep" and your current email address. (in BAM! team assignment is done separately for each project and is not automatic)

Boincstats and TJ should align everything under the same ID in a few days...

You won't be able to modify Spinhenge and Chess960 to new nicknames and emails so you would lose these (unless you can use the old nickname "Craig" and email on all projects. I should note that while the nickname is not particularly important in aligning projects it does help in reducing confusion (I use the same nickname on projects as my Boincstats userid).
scotrep
Boinc Private
Boinc Private

#22 Re: Account and Stats

Post by scotrep »

WOW! Thanks Penguin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very meticulous and very much appreciated.

I'm the August joining Craig......and I think I just made a dog's dinner of the project registrations, thinking that BOINC would know it was my computer ID doing the work!?!?!

I've managed to align SETI and WCG but CPDN seems to be down at the mo. Have also re-named nickname to 'scotrep81' to ensure that all fresh names are the same in profiles.

I suppose it didn't really matter too much as I DID figure out what I was doing on each project but taking on future projects would have got messier. PLUS, I'm targeting myself to beat other member's credits at certain points.....which I'm sure we all do!??? But of course I'm happy my computer is doing something useful anyway.

Thanks again for your guidance! :)
Silver
Boinc Brigadier
Boinc Brigadier

#23 Re: Account and Stats

Post by Silver »

scotrep wrote: PLUS, I'm targeting myself to beat other member's credits at certain points.....which I'm sure we all do!???
That be fighting talk! Image

But I like your style sir Image
Let the battle commence...... :D
scotrep
Boinc Private
Boinc Private

#24 Re: Account and Stats

Post by scotrep »

Hahaha!

Well I've only got ONE Xeon E3 and a HD7850 so I'm sure the 'Big Boys and Girls' are safe! But I'm still chasing one or two, in my head anyway..... :blackeye: :blackeye: :blackeye:
Alez
[ TSBT's Pirate ]
[ TSBT's Pirate ]

#25 Re: Account and Stats

Post by Alez »

Yarr !!! a pirate in the makin me thinks Scole Image
scotrep
Boinc Private
Boinc Private

#26 Re: Account and Stats

Post by scotrep »

I'm intrigued....how does this pirate stuff work then....?
Alez
[ TSBT's Pirate ]
[ TSBT's Pirate ]

#27 Re: Account and Stats

Post by Alez »

You change country from the UK to the boinc credit haven of Anguilla and join me, Scole and Silver on a tour plundering other countries of their positions and projects. You can find us here http://www.dunadd.co.uk/seti/forum/viewforum.php?f=145
All are welcome to be a pirate for as short or as long a time as you want. We even let non pirates post there :D We like to think of ourselves as the special forces of TSBT :D :sign5: We also tend to take part in all the team challenges on Boinc stats competing against other teams.
Really it's just a bit of extra fun within the team :D
scotrep
Boinc Private
Boinc Private

#28 Re: Account and Stats

Post by scotrep »

So....you push the Anguilla stats up to lower other countries?
scotrep
Boinc Private
Boinc Private

#29 Re: Account and Stats

Post by scotrep »

...BUT TSBT still gets the credit? It just ALSO shows in the country stats for Anguilla? Is that right?
Silver
Boinc Brigadier
Boinc Brigadier

#30 Re: Account and Stats

Post by Silver »

scotrep wrote:...BUT TSBT still gets the credit? It just ALSO shows in the country stats for Anguilla? Is that right?
Yip, you can assign your credit to a team and also to a country.
You can also do this on a per project basis as you can be in a different team for any/every project. So you can 'give' credit by crunching for a team for a period of time - as myshortpencil did for us recently on bitcoin utopia.
AND you can give credit to your chosen country - but i'm pretty sure that 'country credit' follows you if you decide to change nationality.

Hope that makes sense.

I think Alez decided to crunch for Anguilla as they were towards the bottom of the list and were pretty much inactive so he pretty much 'stole' the country to try and singlehandedly move his own island up the charts (I'm sure he'll be along to correct me though)
He's since recruited us fellow pirates who travel round the world 'beating other teams into submission' as we pass them in the credit table.

Just to clarify though we don't lower other countries stats we mearly rise above them in a superior pirate fashion Image
scotrep
Boinc Private
Boinc Private

#31 Re: Account and Stats

Post by scotrep »

This appeals to me on so many levels!

I'll wait until my accounts are all synced up (CPDN is STILL down...). I tried viewing Anguilla in STATS but the map didn't resolve enough to show it. Will pop off to island hunt....
Alez
[ TSBT's Pirate ]
[ TSBT's Pirate ]

#32 Re: Account and Stats

Post by Alez »

Silver got it pretty much correct. http://www.dunadd.co.uk/seti/forum/view ... 145&t=1865 , 4th post down is the original.
scotrep
Boinc Private
Boinc Private

#33 Re: Account and Stats

Post by scotrep »

HI folks,

I'm having trouble again! WCG credits are not racking up on the Team Stats pages. All credits stopped on the 9th of Jan, even though I'm daily earning credits there is nothing showing on my graphs since that date except SETI.

Any clues?

Ta!
scole of TSBT
Boinc Major General
Boinc Major General

#34 Re: Account and Stats

Post by scole of TSBT »

Not that it makes it any better, but nobody's WCG stats have been updating. The developer is a UBT member, but he hasn't visited their forum since November. I've posted a message on UBT's forum about it. Not sure if Megacruncher has a more direct line with the developer.

I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the issues the WCG project has with the user pages? I often can't access mine when needed. Wonder if Temujin disabled WCG stats until WCG gets their site working reliably.

See UBT Tim's update...http://forum.ukboincteam.com/viewtopic.php?t=5680
Alez
[ TSBT's Pirate ]
[ TSBT's Pirate ]

#35 Re: Account and Stats

Post by Alez »

The stats are updating correctly on either bamstats or freedc.
scole of TSBT
Boinc Major General
Boinc Major General

#36 Re: Account and Stats

Post by scole of TSBT »

Yeah, not WCG rpblem.

scotrep, here's your BoincStats stats...http://boincstats.com/en/stats/-1/user/ ... rojectList
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Help”