FightMalaria@Home Optimized Application

Just as the title says!
Alez
[ TSBT's Pirate ]
[ TSBT's Pirate ]

Post by Alez »

I've got the closing slashes in my code, it's a board thingy. The problem is that the vina app runs fine but always exits with no output file and then restarts the fmah app again.
PinkPenguin

Post by PinkPenguin »

I tried the Mac OS X download from Scripps but it takes several times as long as the standard app.

From what I can make out the Scripps Code is certainly different from the UCD version (the Scripps Code compiles to something almost twice the size of the UCD executable on OS X even using the latest version of the Boost libraries). I think I will stick to Sesef's binaries on windows and the standard versions on OS X. I don't really have the time to think it through properly. :?
Alez
[ TSBT's Pirate ]
[ TSBT's Pirate ]

Post by Alez »

Agreed, i've got the sesef version working perfectly, but can't get the scripps downloaded vina to work with boinc. It runs but doesn't exit with finished result and so boinc runs it again. Endless loop. I simply renamed the sesef version although you could just download the package and run as is from his site. With the sesef version windows is as fast as the standard fmah on linux. Good enough for now.
Janos (retired)
Still a Newbie

Post by Janos (retired) »

I had thought that this was a fairly simple optimization and it certainly seems to work for me.

Wish I had some time to do some proper tinkering. I am heading to the office all day today and ma boat is sailing again tomorrow.

Boinc, will rightly, loose out to some family time tonight.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Help”