Quake Catcher Network
Forum rules
Dirk Broer
Corsair
Corsair

#21 Re: Quake-Catcher Network Sensor Monitoring project details

Post by Dirk Broer »

Well, I'll be dipped in dog shit.....

The cat barfed into a power outlet extension, blowing a fuse in the process.
I had done some tinkering on my original Raspberry Pi B+ before, trying it to get to work with the various QCN projects, but to no avail.

When I rebooted the Pi I saw to my astonishment that it was running six different QCN WUs, two Goofyx, a WuProp and an Enigma WU. That's 10 WUs on a single-core ARM-11 SOC, try and better that! It is a pity the Mexicans have opted out of QCN, otherwise I'd be running twelve WUs now...
Dirk Broer
Corsair
Corsair

#22 Re: Quake-Catcher Network Sensor Monitoring project details

Post by Dirk Broer »

The cause of the problem appeared to be the file that presents the info about the ARM CPU to the project. The default -good enough for all other projects- 'arm-unknown-linux-gnueabihf' just isn't good enough (duh).

this is for the ARM11 based Raspberry Pi B+:
create/modify cc_config.xml with option:
<alt_platform>armv6l-unknown-linux-gnueabihf</alt_platform>

And this might do for the ARM Cortex-A53 based Raspberry Pi 3 (and later version of the Pi 2) and ARM Cotex-A72 based Raspberry Pi 4:
create/modify cc_config.xml with option:
<alt_platform>armv7l-unknown-linux-gnueabihf</alt_platform>
Though only Quake-Catcher Network Continual (Taiwan) has an application that's Pi 2 specific. Otherwise just use the
<alt_platform>armv6l-unknown-linux-gnueabihf</alt_platform>

Now that I have the Pi B+ and the six QCN projects talking, the next step is to kick the sense hat to its senses, that's to say: Make the Sense Hat communicate with the projects.
I've installed I2C completely, but that is clearly not enough. From the error messages on the projects it appears that the Sense Hat is not seen, perhaps they only scan the USB ports.
As I have no points in QCN, I can't post on their forum anymore -and when I was still able to post they did not answer my question "What about the Sense Hat?",
after their complaining about the poor way USB is handled on the Raspberry and how much better it would be to have a sensor attached to the GPIO pins.....
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Quake Catcher”