Post by Megacruncher »

Now 32nd place & 25 million for CPDN. :wav:
Willie the Megacruncher
MacDitch
Moderator General
Moderator General

Post by MacDitch »

Now 32nd place & 25 million for CPDN. :wav:
You're doing a teriffic job there Mega. With any luck, when I get back to work there'll be two or three complete models waiting for me - unless IT strike between now and then... :?
Image Image
Megacruncher
G.L.S.B.
G.L.S.B.

Post by Megacruncher »

As 2009 acknowledges the invitable & books its one-way flight to Switzerland, it is time to update the CPDN position.

We are still 32nd overall at just over 27 million. This represents a rise of 19 places and a gain of nearly 15 million since the start of the year.

We are 5th in the UK by RAC which means that eventually we shall be 5th by TC.

Our plan to overtake Scotland has not worked so well, although over the year we have gained on them.

Anyhoo is might be time to abandon our beat Scotland goal:

They have sunk to 210th in the world by TC.
They are 388th by RAC so freefall awaits them.

To take from them their UK #5 place when they have so little & we have so much does seem a bit like bullying so I suggest we desist.

Any thoughts on this subject?
Willie the Megacruncher
Reeltime
Boinc Second Lieutenant
Boinc Second Lieutenant

Post by Reeltime »

After WCG is back where it beligs in th top 100, SScotland have to be destroyed in CPDN!
aardvark
Boinc Colour Sergeant
Boinc Colour Sergeant

Post by aardvark »

After WCG is back where it beligs in th top 100, SScotland have to be destroyed in CPDN!
Hmmmmmm, it's good to see the Christmas spirit kicking in :D
Reeltime
Boinc Second Lieutenant
Boinc Second Lieutenant

Post by Reeltime »

lol, I suspect I may have had a couple of beverages when I typed that!!!
rowpie
Peon

Post by rowpie »

i think the cpdn rule should be that we always have a higher rac than them just so we keep catching. dosn't have to be much but we dont want them getting further away.
Megacruncher
G.L.S.B.
G.L.S.B.

Post by Megacruncher »

Okay so no-one subscribes to my view that team Scotland, in the wider world of Boinc, as opposed to this one project, have become irrelevant rather than rivals, and that it would be more generous (as well as gratfyingly patronising :lol: ) to let them have their way with CPDN?

We have the problem that our easily redirectable CPU resources are limited, so we might have to chose between getting everything top 100 or overtaking Scotland for CPDN. :?
Willie the Megacruncher
PinkPenguin

Post by PinkPenguin »

... and that it would be more generous (as well as gratfyingly patronising :lol: ) to let them have their way with CPDN?
Depressing, isn't it. Things just ain't what they used to be.... :?

I vote for the middle-age spread (top 100 on all projects)... that way, when Scotland get cheeky about us being fat 'n slow, we hammers 'em on CPDN true christmas spirit style ! I really love those old B&W B-Movies..... :D
Nightlord

Post by Nightlord »

Looks like PP has been at the sweet sherry already :lol:

Scotland are a long ways ahead of us on CPDN. Sure, we could all make a concerted effort and overtake them in a few months, but other projects would fall behind.

I like ropie's idea of consistently hitting a higher RAC than they achieve, so my vote goes for the magnanimous nod in their direction for the time being. Maybe another goal for 2010?
aardvark
Boinc Colour Sergeant
Boinc Colour Sergeant

Post by aardvark »

I vote for the middle-age spread (top 100 on all projects)... that way, when Scotland get cheeky about us being fat 'n slow, we hammers 'em on CPDN true christmas spirit style !
I agree with PP and others that this is the way to go, magnanimous to our fellow countrymen, twisting the dirk if required :whax:
Megacruncher
G.L.S.B.
G.L.S.B.

Post by Megacruncher »

We are stalking Scotland very efficiently with the Gap btwn us & their CPDN tean being a mere 5 million.
Willie the Megacruncher
Megacruncher
G.L.S.B.
G.L.S.B.

Post by Megacruncher »

Suddenly the gap between us & Scotland has narrowed to a miniscule 3.6 million! :D

This is because there seem to have been some problems at "The Friendly Team" as they ironically call themselves.

A spirited debate between Iain Inglis, a true green believer in man-made global warming, and Derek, who is a prophet for the coming ice-age, has got all acrimonious & personal & Iain has left the team while Derek, who stopped crunching ages back, has been told to stop posting.

A devastated silence has followed with no posts on the Boinc bit of their forum in 5 days.

I'd drop by there (relive the fun here) and say something provocative but for the risk that my very appearance might result in some team cohesion. :lol:

All very sad I'm sure but it makes the catch-up much easier.
Willie the Megacruncher
Reeltime
Boinc Second Lieutenant
Boinc Second Lieutenant

Post by Reeltime »

Megacruncher wrote:Suddenly the gap between us & Scotland has narrowed to a miniscule 3.6 million! :D

This is because there seem to have been some problems at "The Friendly Team" as they ironically call themselves.

A spirited debate between Iain Inglis, a true green believer in man-made global warming, and Derek, who is a prophet for the coming ice-age, has got all acrimonious & personal & Iain has left the team while Derek, who stopped crunching ages back, has been told to stop posting.

A devastated silence has followed with no posts on the Boinc bit of their forum in 5 days.

I'd drop by there (relive the fun here) and say something provocative but for the risk that my very appearance might result in some team cohesion. :lol:

All very sad I'm sure but it makes the catch-up much easier.
Either of them poachable?
Derek

Post by Derek »

You are quite right Nightlord regarding what this thread is about,
my apologies for being dragged into a "discussion" - well sort of...

If anyone wants to start a thread for further discussion of the above raised issues / ideas, etc,
then please do and inform me by pm, I'll happily join in.

I'll leave this link to a long but worthy read regarding climategate as my last word on the subject in this thread.
http://scienceandpublicpolicy.org/image ... alysis.pdf
Megacruncher
G.L.S.B.
G.L.S.B.

Post by Megacruncher »

I've created the new thread. What, you want a link? Just look for it!

To resume the CPDN blitz theme, you'll all be delighted to know [insert smiling thru gritted teeth smilie here] that Iain Inglis has quietly rejoined Scotland. :roll: So we now have a gap of 5,983,827 to bridge. But our RAC is better than theirs so we will chip away at it.

I've devoted my i7, all 8 virtual cores, oh yes, to CPDN as it seems to get over 4K per day for CPDN but not more than 2.5K for WCG.
Willie the Megacruncher
Megacruncher
G.L.S.B.
G.L.S.B.

Post by Megacruncher »

Again, a gain for us in CPDN. We just overtook TeAm AnandTech to go 31st. :wav:
Scotland are just 5,845,925 ahead of us so the gap is closing albeit slowly.
Willie the Megacruncher
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Climate Prediction”