Climate Prediction Blitz Anyone?

Forum rules
Megacruncher
G.L.S.B.
G.L.S.B.

#1 Climate Prediction Blitz Anyone?

Post by Megacruncher »

This is our weakest active project in terms of UK standing: We are 6th well behind Scotland :evil: and just ahead of Wales who might catch us in a month or 8.

Our RAC isn't bad at 12K but doubling it to 25K would stop Scotland getting further ahead of us and would help us pull well clear of Wales.

What sayest youse that, once the WCG blitz has got it to 98th place and/or 500K clear of 101st, we give some more attention to CPDN?
Willie the Megacruncher
Nightlord

Post by Nightlord »

In a few days I'll be clear from QMC and had been looking for something else to blast for a while.

CPDN looks a good bet. :twisted:
Megacruncher
G.L.S.B.
G.L.S.B.

Post by Megacruncher »

Excellent, although as I say I'd like the WCG blitz to run a successful course first.
Anyone else up for CPDN.
Willie the Megacruncher
Reeltime
Boinc Second Lieutenant
Boinc Second Lieutenant

Post by Reeltime »

How does CPDN work, because the Wu's I downloaded a few months back had a 1000 hour expected time on them
FlyingfocRS
Boinc Warrant Officer Class 1
Boinc Warrant Officer Class 1

Post by FlyingfocRS »

1000hrs that's a short one.
W/u's do not need to be fully completed, as at incremental times the w/u reports a trickle that you are awarded credit for, so you'll see a regular update of credits as the w/u progresses.
Plus if it fails or you lose the machine you don't lose the credits you've gained up till then.
Reeltime
Boinc Second Lieutenant
Boinc Second Lieutenant

Post by Reeltime »

OIC, that makes a bit more sense then :)
Megacruncher
G.L.S.B.
G.L.S.B.

Post by Megacruncher »

Okay I'm easing off WCG ever so slightly. I'd like to repropose a CPDN blitz. At present we are 51st in the world, 6th in the UK and second in/to Scotland :evil:

A rise in RAC of 7K would see us gaining on Scotland although as their lead is 10 million it might take a few weeks to nibble that away!

A few folks have started the blitz already. A few more would be a grand thing. Charge!
Willie the Megacruncher
Megacruncher
G.L.S.B.
G.L.S.B.

Post by Megacruncher »

Okay we are making good progress on the CPDN Blitz. In the last few days we have managed about 28K per day. This is on a par with Scotland. Once all my machines are shifted over to CPDN I'd hope we could consistently beat them and begin to close the gap.
Willie the Megacruncher
Reeltime
Boinc Second Lieutenant
Boinc Second Lieutenant

Post by Reeltime »

Just a note, that Scotland are'nt going to be bthe 1st UK team we pass, as they are about to stomp OCUK
MacDitch
Moderator General
Moderator General

Post by MacDitch »

For information:

I've left my (UK) work machine churning away on CPDN. As far as I can tell there is about 16-17k currently waiting to be uploaded. The downside is that I'm not sure when I'll be there to retrieve and upload it.

Oh well, it has two w/u and is only ~40% through the first so there's no rush! :)
Image Image
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Climate Prediction”