new mining pools

Forum rules
Welcome to The Scottish Boinc Team boards. See forum rules in pinned post. If you can't be bothered then try not to be too naughty as I have a delete button to press and a ban hammer to swing.
Alez
[ TSBT's Pirate ]
[ TSBT's Pirate ]

#1 new mining pools

Post by Alez »

The new mining pools they have set up for nicehash are simply not working for most people. I've just had 15 hrs of no servers to connect to and have shut down my miners until something is in place to fix it. Is anyone else suffering as badly ?
The best form of help from above is a sniper on the rooftop....
scole of TSBT
Boinc Major General
Boinc Major General

#2 Re: new mining pools

Post by scole of TSBT »

My numbers have been down for the past few days. I think it's affecting everyone. My 32Ghs miners are offline due to other issue though. Their power switch appears to be off.
Silver
Boinc Brigadier
Boinc Brigadier

#3 Re: new mining pools

Post by Silver »

I've given up with my pc as pretty much every unit was running for hours and hours.
I've left my rPi to do whatever it can manage, and it does seem to be finishing some wu's
Bit of a pain though!
Alez
[ TSBT's Pirate ]
[ TSBT's Pirate ]

#4 Re: new mining pools

Post by Alez »

Finally it appears that the complaints have found a home.
A new version of cgminer ( 4.9.2 ) is available that solves most issues of using the ancient 4.7.1. Should be able to run most usb miners without configs etc.
Nicehash should now have a working fallback pool to stop all the pointless can't connect to server errors that have plagued us for the last week or so.
Going to enable 1 system to see if it works as not wasting time and producing heat for nothing.
Any comments from others on if it works or not please let us know.
Silver
Boinc Brigadier
Boinc Brigadier

#5 Re: new mining pools

Post by Silver »

Okay I'm going to ask a question, and please bare with me as I'm sure the answer is really obvious!
How do you know if your on cgminer 4.9.2 or still on the older version?
scole of TSBT
Boinc Major General
Boinc Major General

#6 Re: new mining pools

Post by scole of TSBT »

At the BU site, look at the Task details on complete WUs. I'm only running 4.5.0 on my Rasp Pi's. Do I need to reset the project to get new cgminer?
Alez
[ TSBT's Pirate ]
[ TSBT's Pirate ]

#7 Re: new mining pools

Post by Alez »

Silver wrote:Okay I'm going to ask a question, and please bare with me as I'm sure the answer is really obvious!
How do you know if your on cgminer 4.9.2 or still on the older version?
or select a running unit, click on properties, see which slot it running in.
Go to that slot and open stderr.txt in notepad. At the start of the file will be which cgminer is running.

I don't think there is an updated version for either Pi or Linux yet. They were asking for a volunteer to do it for them. BU seems to be getting very mickey mouse lately, the admin really needs to start to learn his own project rather than expecting people to keep doing it for him.

Mine were working but not anymore. ( A lot of invalid units after 1 1/2 hrs doing nothing, but no cgminer etc in start line so not sure if both are still in the project folder but basically it's not working since 4 am ) Think I might have to get IT to reset project tonight or the lightning last night has trashed stuff and it will have to wait until I return. :(
Silver
Boinc Brigadier
Boinc Brigadier

#8 Re: new mining pools

Post by Silver »

Hmm, I still seem to be running 4.7.1
Although at least I seem to be generating some credit.
Alez
[ TSBT's Pirate ]
[ TSBT's Pirate ]

#9 Re: new mining pools

Post by Alez »

Not sure if they have changed the 333 or 1.6GH/s units yet. The old versions are v0.03, new version 0.04 on the application. People are also reporting issues with the smaller asics on nicehash as they are simply not fast enough.

I'm running nothing but invalids just now anyway as 7 miners down after lightning strikes from last nights storm.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Bitcoin Utopia”