WCG OpenPandemics GPU WU's

Home forum for the various projects run under IBM's WCG umbrella.
Forum rules
Saetia

#1 WCG OpenPandemics GPU WU's

Post by Saetia »

So last week WCG announced that they had configured OpenPandemics to run on GPU's here: https://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/abou ... icleId=693

I was looking forward to this and was excited to see that I got a few of these work units over the weekend; which my desktop's GPU blitzed through within minutes, but since then haven't seen anymore in the pipeline.

Have they run out of them and are back to CPU only modules, or is it my machine that's not being given anymore at the moment? I haven't changed any of the default profile settings and it's still set to receive GPU work but no sign of them.
PecosRiverM
Boinc Second Lieutenant
Boinc Second Lieutenant

#2 Re: WCG OpenPandemics GPU WU's

Post by PecosRiverM »

They (WCG) are only releasing ~3400 (I think) every hour or so.
Being as we're in a "Sprint" those are going real fast and it's hard to get any. Hopefully after some bugs are worked out they'll increase the amount available.
Saetia

#3 Re: WCG OpenPandemics GPU WU's

Post by Saetia »

Ah, great. It's not just me then. ^^

3,400 seems like so little with how fast they can be crunched. Hopefully they do increase it soon.
Miklos M
Butterfly Whisperer / Milkweeder
Butterfly Whisperer / Milkweeder

#4 Re: WCG OpenPandemics GPU WU's

Post by Miklos M »

Saetia wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:10 am Ah, great. It's not just me then. ^^

3,400 seems like so little with how fast they can be crunched. Hopefully they do increase it soon.
Try to prompt them as often as you can, more the better. I am not sure, but if you refuse cpu it may get you more gpu. Not sure. I keep getting them.
Alez
[ TSBT's Pirate ]
[ TSBT's Pirate ]

#5 Re: WCG OpenPandemics GPU WU's

Post by Alez »

Hopefully they release more as it will finally give me a chance to take the only project that AP is not first in the country for. That's been a long term goal for me.
The best form of help from above is a sniper on the rooftop....
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “World Community Grid”