Recommendations??

Forum to discuss and compare Hardware profiles and Benchmarking
Matelot

#1 Recommendations??

Post by Matelot »

Can anyone recommend a systemboard with built in Wireless NIC suitable and Quad core compatible for crunching use :?: :?: :?:

As I need to get some figures together, so I know how much I need to salt away from the wife :lol:
MacDitch
Moderator General
Moderator General

Post by MacDitch »

I can't help with a recomendation but there have been a couple of attempts with wireless and they all seem to say the same thing - it doesn't work for an always on system. :(

Wireless seems to hold together for about 24 hours and then fail for no reason. If you disable and re-enable the device (or reboot the computer) you get another 24hours, but it's not a good solution. That said, an integrated system may hold better than plug in devices. :shrug:
Image Image
ianmbaker2
Boinc Corporal
Boinc Corporal

Post by ianmbaker2 »

For quad compatible motherboard with built in wireless NIC:- I use the ASUS P5K-E WifiAPP. Very overclockable, mine runs a Q6600 at 3ghz and 59 DegC with Zalman cooler. Just push the clock from 266MHz to 333 Mhz and bring the memory back to 800MHz. Leave the voltages etc on auto.
I would caution you to use recommended memory only and be careful if you are trying to flash the BIOS. I bricked my first one with an unsuccessful BIOS upgrade and my second one runs best with PC6400 DDR2 memory.
Other than that a very good board.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Benchmarking and Hardware”