Olympics

General News and Banter all users and guests can see this forum.
Forum rules
Welcome to The Scottish Boinc Team boards. See forum rules in pinned post. If you can't be bothered then try not to be too naughty as I have a delete button to press and a ban hammer to swing.
Silver
Boinc Brigadier
Boinc Brigadier

#1 Olympics

Post by Silver »

Anyone watching the action from Rio this summer?
I have to say I enjoy the Olympics, and do watch a fair bit if I can. I always find it nice to see some sports that you don't often get the chance to see on TV.
scole of TSBT
Boinc Major General
Boinc Major General

#2 Re: Olympics

Post by scole of TSBT »

Missed this post. We watch the Olympics here and it's nice to have them in similar time zone too. Sorry folks in the UK or east. I like watching some of the less covered sports too. Except for synchronized anything. If it has synchronized in the name it's not a sport. And I do have an issue with the high tech equipment. In archery for example, get rid of that junk they use and give them a good old fashion long bow like Robin Hood used. They just need to get back to the basics: caber toss, hammer throw, stone put, weight over bar. You know, real sports.
Bryan
Boinc Brigadier
Boinc Brigadier

#3 Re: Olympics

Post by Bryan »

I agree on the archery. I watched the S. Koreans win gold the other day. I have no idea what all the crap is that is attached to those bows!!!
scole of TSBT
Boinc Major General
Boinc Major General

#4 Re: Olympics

Post by scole of TSBT »

It looked like they were holding Hi-Def TV antennas to me.
Silver
Boinc Brigadier
Boinc Brigadier

#5 Re: Olympics

Post by Silver »

Fully agree that the archery is somewhat overly complicated!
I watched a bit of the air pistol shooting and they all had funny/fancy glasses with flip up blanking covers and blinkers and who knows what else. I think all that kinda stuff should be banned, if you are supposed to be the best in the world surely you can manage to close one eye!

You're right Scole the time difference is a bit of a pain for us in the UK, most of the finals seem to be on at 2 in the morning.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “General”