Sourcefinder 681GB Down

News from the various BOINC projects, sniffed out for you by our lovable wee mutt.
Newshound
BOINC news desk
BOINC news desk

#1 Sourcefinder 681GB Down

Post by Newshound »

Congratulations everyone, we made it through the first 681GB of Sourcefinder cubelets!

You've all done amazing work so far, and everyone at theSkyNet thanks you for it.

Now that we've processed a large portion of the simulated cube data, I'm going to be focusing on developing some visualisation tools to allow everyone to actually see the sources they've processed. This tool is going to be incorporated in to theSkyNet.org.

You're basically going to be able to select a cubelet and parameter set to view, and you'll be shown the locations of the sources within that cubelet along with the name of the users who found the sources.

I'm also planning on adding credit stats from Sourcefinder to your dashboard on theSkyNet.org at some point.

To my knowledge, there should also be another ~300GB of data somewhere to process, as the original supercube was around 1TB in size. I believe this data wasn't extracted from the supercube for whatever reason, so I'm going to be working out how to extract it.

Until then, there wont be any more Sourcefinder work units unfortunately.

Anyway, thank you again to all of you for crunching all of this data. I hope you all enjoy the visualisation tool when I've finished building it :)

https://sourcefinder.theskynet.org/duch ... php?id=206
TSBT's update on all the news from the BOINC projects.

Return to “Newshound RSS feeds”