Windows server 2012

Alez
[ TSBT's Pirate ]
[ TSBT's Pirate ]

#1 Windows server 2012

Post by Alez »

I have a proliant server system running windows server 2012. Slowly getting used to it as server 2012 seems to be based on win 8 . I am using a fireproGL V5600 card for the graphics. Win server seems to keep unloading the AMD drivers and substituting the windows graphics drivers which look terrible. Not really a problem as I am not using the card to crunch but was wondering if anyone has experience with win 2012 server and knows how to stop it doing it ? Does it try and do the same with win 8 ?
I have seen win 7 do the same but only when swapping out a card for a different card, in this case it just seems to do it. Reinstall the AMD drivers no problem and then some time later when I check the system it has reverted again.
The best form of help from above is a sniper on the rooftop....
Dirk Broer
Corsair
Corsair

#2 Re: Windows server 2012

Post by Dirk Broer »

I have had similair behaviour with Win8.1, especially with my HD7790. Bloody nuisance, as the old AMD driver will support the Ati Stream/Brook++ API and has twice the computing power of the Windows approved driver....

Win8.1 -with me- also refuses to let various GPUs cooperate while crunching.
It is either Intel OR AMD OR nVidia, not a combination. As soon as OpenCL kicks in, the computer will crash when more than one kind of GPU is active. Under Win8 I could crunch using Intel, AMD AND nVidia together.
Alez
[ TSBT's Pirate ]
[ TSBT's Pirate ]

#3 Re: Windows server 2012

Post by Alez »

So yet another set forward from Microsoft, the world greatest operating system :roll:
Personally I'm thinking of all Linux and stocking up of win xp disks whilst they are still around.
The best form of help from above is a sniper on the rooftop....
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Microsoft Windows”