A WCG chuckle

all non specific project posts go here
Buster Gunn
Boinc Second Lieutenant
Boinc Second Lieutenant

#1 A WCG chuckle

Post by Buster Gunn »

I saw this when I went to check my machines to see if I'm ready for an upload. (Maybe on Sunday). One of my w/u's had a status of Computation Error. It had run for 45 hours 25 minutes and 18 seconds. I thought that was unusual because most of the w/u's run between 6 and 8 hours. I went to the messages and found this.

Maximum CPU Time Exceeded 46:25:18.

No who in their right mind would program a maximum CPU time of 45:25:18. Oh, I answered my own question. WCG strikes again with more bizarre crap.

I guess I'll have to check in more often on those machines in case WCG increases the maximum time to 98:15:31. LOL

Seriously, I'll begin looking at them more often. I hate losing 46 hours. :cry: :cry:
Buster is my dog. Sadly, Buster is gone.
Buster is the Malamute, Obi is the Golden.

Obi is the dog of the house now.
MacDitch
Moderator General
Moderator General

Post by MacDitch »

I wondered if it was because everything has to be specified in terms of seconds - but that gives a maximum of 167118 seconds which doesn't seem to make any more sense that the h:min:sec value.... :?

Ah well, at least they don't normally run for more than about ten hours - on my machine anyway.
Image Image
Buster Gunn
Boinc Second Lieutenant
Boinc Second Lieutenant

Post by Buster Gunn »

The thing that frosted me more than anything is the fact that most w/u's run in less than 10 hours. One would think that they would know know well in advance of 46 hours, if something was wrong. I could have run 4 or 5 more w/u's in the time it took them to figure out something was amiss. DUH
Buster is my dog. Sadly, Buster is gone.
Buster is the Malamute, Obi is the Golden.

Obi is the dog of the house now.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “General Posts”